Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:48:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Barbarian!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Barbarian!  (Read 19392 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »

Beautiful game! I too was not a fan of the boss fight. I think the issue for me was the difference in difficulty of the boss versus everything before it. It made it seem out of place, kind of like I just played through level 3, but the boss fight was from level 6. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Either way, I'll definitely play your next game Smiley
dumbmanex
Level 1

Stay out of the water!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »

-I wish it were a full sized game, Tiny Barbarian tearing ass across the land in all sorts of adventures.

Nahh. As much as I like longer games sometimes, bite-sized morsels like Tiny Barbarian are great and super refreshing. Sometimes I wish people would make more shorter games like this instead of throwing in filler content in their games.

I'm not a fan of filler either, but small games like this, while sweet, come off as wasted potential to me.  A smart dev shouldn't have a problem coming up with enough new challenges and combinations for 6 to 8 stages.  Oh well, loves the Tiny Barbarian.  Cry

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2011, 04:17:22 AM »

I liked the game the second time through. The first time I got to room 11 without dying or killing anything.  Shrug The second time I took it more seriously.

I really enjoyed it. I feel like maybe making it 2 stages instead of one would make it better and if you tied up the whole love the frost giant thing to. She just fly's off, which made me feel like it was lacking and left me dissapointed. Also. I only got one diamond?! where the hell where the others?
sandcrab
Level 0

Buzzing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »

The other diamonds are hidden. Smiley

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »

Ok, so I replayed it. 9/9 diamonds (Facepalm). died 17 times!? mostly in the later levels when I managed to destroy all of those damn blocks. No Bonuses. Final score was 12623.

By the way,the bosses were so much easier now that I know exactly what they're going to do.
CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »

This game looks great!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »

this is fun stuff, the final boss was a bit too arbitrary for my liking. you totally made up for it with your Nintendo Power Counselor Corner bit, though. =)

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:49 AM »

I'd like to say that the graphics instantly reminded me of several of NIS's games for the psp. Namely "No Heroes Allowed"/"what did I do to deserve this, my lord?" and "CLADUN: this is an RPG".

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2011, 05:19:24 AM »

Great game you have here.
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

I was at Gatwick Airport In London with my 8 year old bro. We had nothing to do and I had my laptop, so being any good brother I let him play games on my laptop while I watched. Of the many indie games he played he really enjoyed this one Hand Thumbs Up Right

Me like him would love to see more levels in the future.
Mhaine
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »

I've really enjoyed this game! There is nothing much I can say about it, however. I saw the difficulty spikes in the bosses as being faithful to the original Conan stories from Robert E. Howard. I hope you make more games similar to this; I would especially like an adaptation of Red Shadows!
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »

I'll just leave this here.

CyberShadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »

Thank you, I enjoyed this game greatly! Suggestion: pressing Esc closes the game abruptly, which is quite unexpected the first time. A simple pause screen or menu would be nice. Also, for some reason there is never more than one sound playing at the same time - every new sound cuts off the previous one. This is a bit problematic since I can't hear when Atali finishes charging her shot. It doesn't happen on other machines, though - I know Game Maker doesn't give you much control, but I haven't noticed this problem in other GM games...

By the way, do you get a special ending if you beat the game with no deaths? I mean, that's what the food is really there for, right?

...right?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:10:10 PM by CyberShadow » Logged
ortoslon
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »

playthrough without dying

CyberShadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »

It's much easier when you're not after the diamonds...
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

Very VERY fun game!
Not sure if you've noticed, but f1 takes you to an empty information screen, and f6 and f7 give a load and save feature that doesn't play epic music  Sad
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »

It was very entertaining to play this miniature epic!  I really like the character and art style, and I'm looking forward to seeing where your pixel adventurer goes next Smiley
BeckaMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2014, 10:27:31 AM »

It's a great game! Can you upload the sprites somewhere for further study?
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

Woah, you've bumped a 3 year old thread. Although it's lead me to finding the sequel!
http://www.starquail.com/tinyb/index.html
BeckaMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »

Woah, you've bumped a 3 year old thread. Although it's lead me to finding the sequel!
http://www.starquail.com/tinyb/index.html

Yup, still relevant to me.
The sequel is great
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic