Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:17:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosprophetik music: experienced indie musician available for OST/SFX work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: prophetik music: experienced indie musician available for OST/SFX work  (Read 1377 times)
prophetikmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »

introduction

good day. my name is brad, and i write music under the artist name prophetik.

i am a freelance composer writing music for games, digital media, and film. i recently finished a master's degree in saxophone performance, and i also have a bachelor's degree in music education. i've been composing music for games and media for about eight years. i am comfortable writing in all styles, from large-scale symphonic works to rock ballads, from heavy-hitting electronic music to free-flowing jazz. i'd invite you to check out some of my music. i make it a point to release as much as possible for free - for example, both of my recent iPhone/iTouch releases have free soundtracks available on the team's website.

i view myself as an audio missionary, attempting to bring the light of awesome, memorable, interesting music to games large and small. i work under incredibly competitive rates, and often do pro bono work for games that i really want to contribute to because they're just so awesome to begin with =)

here is some recent music that i've composed for games and film.

- one of the studios i work for, Rogue Pirate Ninja Interactive, is primarily focused on iEverything games. we recently released a reverse tower-defense game named Tower Assault! Curse of Zombie Island. the OST is freely available at this link - no registration or anything required =) there is the soundtrack for our last game, iRis AG, available at the website as well! the soundtrack to TA!CZI is primarily inspired by old-school chiptune tracks, utilizing ethnic instruments and fun melodies to reinforce the fast-paced, slightly goofy gameplay of the game itself. iRis AG's soundtrack is more retrospective, as iRis is a puzzle game loosely defined as a reverse Tetris game.

- Spark-Flow Studios is an indie film studio that i write traditional orchestral-style film music for. they recently released a trailer, available at

lastly, i also work for Novo Interactive, a studio of industry professionals working on an XBLA game reminiscent of a combination of Gauntlet, Diablo II, and Super Smash Brothers. there's some music available on my website in the Porfolio/Demos link.

on the technical side...

I use a customized computer (built by myself) for all of my audio. the computer will be changing soon - i'm planning on splitting my system into two discrete systems so that my audio setup is more streamlined - but i'll never go below these system specs. it'll only get better =)

•CPU: i7-860
•Motherboard: EVGA P55 SLI
•Power Supply: Seasonic X-750 750w
•RAM: 2x G.SKILL 2gb DDR3-1600
•Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 (I write music for games, after all!)
•Hard Drives: 5 WD drives totaling 4.9tb
•Case: ZALMAN GS-1000
•Monitors: 28″ Hanns-G primary, 22″ Acer secondary, 17″ offbrand tertiary, 47″ Philips HDTV

In terms of audio-specific hardware…

•Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (8-input/output, firewire-based)
•Headphones: Alessandro Labs Grado Music Series Two, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
•Keyboard: M-Audio Axiom 49
•Microphones: Several SM-57/58s, one Marshall MXL-V57M
I also have an M-Audio MobilePre USB for portable recording with my laptop.

I primarily work in FL Studio. I have experience in Cubase, Reason, and Melodyne, as well as transcription experience in Sibelius and Finale.

Following is a list of virtual instruments I have at my disposal.

•4Front Piano modules
•Arturia Prophet V
•Dash Signature EMM Knagalis
•East West Colossus
•Edirol Orchestral
•Garritan Gofriller Cello
•Native Instruments Absynth 4 and associated expansion banks
•Native Instruments Akoustik Piano
•Native Instruments B4 II
•Native Instruments Massive
•Quantum Leap Stormdrum
•Rob Papen’s Blue
•Rob Papen’s Predator
•Rob Papen’s Albino
•Sonic Charge Synplant
•Sound Burst Ethnosphere
•Sounds Online Ethno World 3 Complete
•Spectrasonics Omnisphere
•Spectrasonics Trilogy
•Steinberg Virtual Acoustic Guitarist
•Steinberg Virtual Electric Guitarist
•Steinberg Virtual Bassist
•Tone2 FireBird and associated expansion banks
•Ueberschall Liquid Instruments and associated expansion banks (31gb in all)
•Ueberschall Elastik and associated expansion banks (32gb in all)
•Vir2 BASiS
•XLN Audio Addictive Drums and associated expansion banks

Following is a list of sample banks I have at my disposal.

•Action Drums Taiko Edition by Nine Volt Audio
•Epic Drums by Big Fish Audio
•Rizing Drum and Bass by Tekniks
•Shreddage by Impact Soundworks
•True Strike 2 by PROJECT SAM
•Vienna Symphonic Orchestra by VSL Inc.

as i said, i love to write music for games! i'd love to work for you, too =) just reply to this thread or send me an email (contact info is on my website) to get in touch with me.

free music for games and film: prophetik music
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic