Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:44:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFree the Floopians: Level Mania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free the Floopians: Level Mania  (Read 1930 times)
Canvas Software
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:33:57 AM »

Free the Floopians is a new 3D Puzzle Platform game set in a vast underground network of caverns, a secret hideout for the RoboLord and his minions. Through these caverns you must venture rescuing your friends along the way. Many perils await you, Hero!

Run, jump and puzzle your way through over 75 levels of sheer Floopin' madness as you race against time to save your fellow Floopians. You'll need to jump over big chasms while trying to avoid plummeting to your doom.

Many insane obstacles await to stop you from completing your task. Dodge falling rocks, avoid dangerous flame throwers and spinning spikes in order to free the Floopians and continue your journey deeper into the caverns.

Solve several mind-boggling puzzles like the move puzzle, brick breakdown, hammer memory puzzle and the bat sequence game, all set on our hero's path by the evil RoboLord to confuse and confound.

Screenshots:

Visit our site at http://www.floopians.com/ or download the demo at http://www.floopians.com/download/demo/FTF_Demo.zip

The demo download size is 18MB.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:28:00 PM by Canvas Software » Logged

Canvas Software
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:47:47 AM »

After all this time, still no feedback? That's just...weird...

Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:37:42 AM »

I'm no fan of puzzle platformers. All the walking back and forth, collecting crystals isn't my type of game, I guess. Plus it feels like it's aimed at a younger demographic. So it's easier to point out things I didn't like Wink

I played the first and part of the second level. Overall it felt too slow and the atmosphere wasn't captivating enough.

The launcher is confusing. In my opinion it lacks structure and the standard UI elements make it look old-fashioned. Took me some time to start the first level.

Gameplay felt slow and the graphics look a bit dull/colourless. Maybe a few special effects/animations (e.g. animals walking/flying around), dynamic lighting and a background (clouds, a world below, etc) would help. Textures look good but graphics in general lack something; don't know what exactly, it's all too static. No offense, but the death-animation (when you fall down a platform) is a real shock. It looks horrible and doesn't live up to the quality of the rest of the graphics :D. Also music would have been nice. Overall it's a solid base that lacks polish in my opinion.

It's probably nice if you like this kind of game. Compared to most of the "collect gems and push buttons" platformers it's good, but I'm no friend of the genre.
Canvas Software
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:35:27 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Smiley

We're currently looking into replacing the launcher with an in-game menu system which should be a bit less confusing than the current one we have.

As for the graphics, we kept the lighting and special effects to a minimum so the game could run well on lower-end systems. The follow-ups, if any, will have all these included.

We are planning on adding a music add-on pack in a few months, depending on how well the game does.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, we'll look into the rest of the points you mentioned.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic