Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:33:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNastier
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nastier  (Read 1205 times)
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »

Just wanted to show off some of the progress on my new game Nastier (sequel to my first release Nasty). It's a 2D side scrolling action / platformer style game... think Bubble Bobble meets Contra. There is a 1-4 player co-op mode and 2-4 player battle mode.

A lot of people enjoyed the original but it was too slow in spots, the levels weren't all that varied and were kind of cramped. Nastier features faster gameplay, larger and more unique levels, more action, and more monsters.

First gameplay video:

Nastier will be release initially for XBLIG. A PC release sometime down the road after that is likely (though it probably won't be 4-player coop). Right now we've got the first 10 of 50 levels in pretty good condition but we're taking extra time to polish them up real good like. We'd like to release before 2010 is over but that's feeling less likely to happen with each passing day.

Let me know what you think. And if you played the first Nasty, let me know where you'd like to see improvements.

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »

It looks great! A question: does the player have infinite ammunitions?

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:11 AM »

It looks great! A question: does the player have infinite ammunitions?

Yes they do! In addition to the normal weapon, you can also pick up a spread shot, grenade shot / launcher, laser, and wave gun.

I'm considering adding some things like hand grenades or smart bombs and those would be limited in ammo.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »

Got a few more up to date screen shots to share. Thanks!

You can find a full archive of all our screen shots here: http://www.funinfused.com/nastier/ScreenShots.aspx

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:44:57 AM »

great!
i'm looking forward to the PC version Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic