Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:32:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you wear glasses?
Poll
Question: Well?
No, I have great vision - 39 (22.8%)
No, but I should - 16 (9.4%)
No, but I want to - 7 (4.1%)
Yes, and I hate them - 23 (13.5%)
Yes, and I love them - 62 (36.3%)
No, I wear contacts - 9 (5.3%)
No, I'm Paul Eres and use special Native American eye training - 3 (1.8%)
NO I'M CACTUS AND MY EYES ARE LASERS - 12 (7%)
Total Voters: 144

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Do you wear glasses?  (Read 8118 times)
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »

Giggle

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »

I can't see stuff far-away, so I have some glasses. I only wear them at school to read the board and stuff, though. I think I look really bad with glasses on, and they just aren't too comfortable.

(I totally should've answered with the CACTUS option.)
ink.inc
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

My vision is fuck-awful.
Ashkin
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »

I can't see stuff far-away, so I have some glasses. I only wear them at school to read the board and stuff, though. I think I look really bad with glasses on, and they just aren't too comfortable.

(I totally should've answered with the CACTUS option.)
What he said.
Also, I'm inclined to think that you got this idea from me, because I just got them today.
... Also, stop making these pointless polls. D:<
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »

I think I look really bad with glasses on, and they just aren't too comfortable.

I look terrible no matter whether I wear glasses or not, and this post reminded me so badly that I voted completely incorrectly on the poll, just out of spite. Phubans, your poll is officially fucked!

Also please stop having a "cactus" option.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »

I have a pair from highschool that are oval-shaped with thin gold rims. I was going for Gendo Ikari's look (lol) but I think they just make me look like some kind of intellectual douche (maybe I'll post a pic later).

Anyways, I'd like to get something more appropriate for myself, or contacts, but I really don't like living life unnaturally in some respects, and glasses feel so wrong Sad I mean, I'm about 2 feet away from my screen and it's slightly blurry, but any further and I probably wouldn't be able to read this text without squinting.

I think the worst is that it really negatively impacts my social skills when I'm out in public. I can't see people clearly from more than 8 feet away, so I can't gauge their expressions so I don't know how to respond to them. As such, I usually avoid looking at other people in public altogether Sad

PS: I was ASKED to make this poll! :C

Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »

I do, but I'm indifferent to them... this poll does not represent my perspective and is therefore INVALID Outraged.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »

Pfft, Cactus and his lasers. When I close my eyes switchblades come out so I can headbutt fools and hella stab them. Other than that my vision's fine.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »

Yup. Even if I had perfect vision I wear them.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »

I had reading glasses in 6th grade, but honestly, I don't think I need them. I'm near sighted and I see fine.

adam_smasher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »

I voted for the Cactus option simply because my eyes are also lasers.

My vision is pretty much perfect but I wear glasses anyway. Not because I'm a hipster, but because I want people to see me for the geek that I am. And also I have a really huge, ungainly nose, and the glasses help balance out the proportions.
ink.inc
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »

Q: Do glasses make you sexy?

A: Yes.

Exhibit A: Tina Fey

Exhibit B: Geordi LaForge

Exhibit C: Adam Savage

Exhibit D: The Doctor
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:16:25 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »

I meant to pick "Yes, I love them" and I ended picking "Yes, I hate them". Maybe it's time to change my glasses. It doesn't help that it's 3 AM here.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »

Not me. I have 20-19 vision, so i can even read fine print.

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »

I think the worst is that it really negatively impacts my social skills when I'm out in public. I can't see people clearly from more than 8 feet away, so I can't gauge their expressions so I don't know how to respond to them. As such, I usually avoid looking at other people in public altogether Sad

I wish glasses helped me there. As a prosopagnosiac I think I'm okay with expressions but I don't know who anybody is until they start talking or I've known them for a while.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »

I don't wear glasses. My vision isn't great, but it's not bad enough to cause me any troubles so, I dunno, doesn't seem like there's an option for me.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »

I'm near sighted and have glasses that I do not wear.  Last eye checkup I had, likely more than a year ago now, I didn't need glasses to drive.  Mostly if I don't sit up towards the front of a class I will have difficulty reading the board/projector.  Also when driving I have trouble reading street signs, freeway exit signs and license plates when I am not close to them (no worries, I can see stop lights, stop signs, speed limit signs ok, but I have missed some streets because I couldn't read the street sign early enough). I also may have some trouble clearly identifying a person's face more than a guesstimated 50 feet away.  So when at theaters, class rooms, anything where I get to choose my viewing distance I choose to sit close to medium-close to medium range.

I mostly don't wear glasses because glasses are uncomfortable to wear.  They leave soar red spots on my nose.  Also the glasses I have are/were a little strong in prescription, which leads to some discomfort when wearing them.

Anyways, I  have glasses, but don't wear them because most of the time because they are unneeded and bothersome.   So I voted "No, but I should."  Because I don't (usually) wear them, and once in a while I could benefit from wearing them.

Sad That doesn't sound fun.  Have you recently dawned a pair of glasses and tried going on a walk with them?

Occasionally (read rarely) I'll dawn my glasses if I find myself with them (rarely) and in a situation where I could really benefit from using them (not common, traveling across complex freeway systems).

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
ink.inc
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »

There you have it folks, currently 65% of TIGSource wears glasses, 5% outright wishes that they did, and 30% wishes they did but just don't know it yet.
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »

Yeah, and I wish I never stop wearing them because that would probably drive me insane. I'd reach up to my face so I coul- DAMN they aren't there (Repeat over and over for the rest of my life Cry)

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:36 PM »

no, my vision is rad

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic