Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:54:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you wear glasses?
Poll
Question: Well?
No, I have great vision - 39 (22.8%)
No, but I should - 16 (9.4%)
No, but I want to - 7 (4.1%)
Yes, and I hate them - 23 (13.5%)
Yes, and I love them - 62 (36.3%)
No, I wear contacts - 9 (5.3%)
No, I'm Paul Eres and use special Native American eye training - 3 (1.8%)
NO I'M CACTUS AND MY EYES ARE LASERS - 12 (7%)
Total Voters: 144

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Do you wear glasses?  (Read 8106 times)
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »

No, but I should, I think I have some myopia. I kind of want to wear glasses.
Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »

There you have it folks, currently 65% of TIGSource wears glasses, 5% outright wishes that they did, and 30% wishes they did but just don't know it yet.

So therefore wearing glasses is indie? (oh wait, that'd be conforming! Shocked *throws glasses away).

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »

I wear glasses. Thing is, it's not because I see any less without them; just that when I spend a lot of time in front of a screen (ie. my everyday life) without glasses, I get a headache near the end of the day.
ortoslon
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »

missing option: yes, and i'm indifferent to them
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »

I love wearing my glasses, but my vision's been giving me weird problems lately. I've had this... grainy vision, that's the best way to describe it.  Imagine looking at the sky and instead of just seeing a plain ol' blue sky, there are these bajillion colored specks flitting about, being all distracting and whatnot. They still show up when I look at other objects, but it's not nearly as noticeable. I got my eyes checked out, new prescription and everything, but it's still occurring, with even more of those floater squigglies showing up. I'm going to go and get a checkup next time I visit my folks' house- they're convinced I'm just on the computer too much and that I need to just suck it up and deal with it, but I'm more concerned about finding out the exact cause of this problem.

Oh, and for glasses, I wear big chunky frames. Chicks dig those.
Ashkin
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »

floater squigglies
What ARE those friggin' squigglies? Are they bad? Does everyone have them? AM I GOING TO DIE?!
ink.inc
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 12:02:03 AM »

The squigglies happen to me on occasion. You're not going to die. Well, eventually you are, but not because of the squigglies.
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »

I some times notice some of those squiggles/floaters.  Looking at the blue sky does kinda make them easier to see now that I think about it. Huh.  My understanding is that floaters are not too uncommon.  It is also my understanding that if you suddenly see lots of floaters and/or bright distracting things it may be a retinal tear, which would be dangerous to your vision and should probably seek medical help ASAP to save your vision.

These are some very relevant wiki links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 12:56:02 AM »

My eyes also have been doing weird moves.

My nearsightedness used to be worse (like -3.5, now -2.25), but now I have very minor astigmatism.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »

I'm not wearing them and i don't have to (especially that i'm a cactus)

Ant
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:43 AM »

Oh phew about those squigglies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees those, usually when I'm looking up at a bright white sky. Oh and yah I wear black-rims all of the time, not super thick rims and not super slim so I'm more of a wannabe hipster that doesn't quite have the confidence to go all out.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 05:02:36 AM »

I wear reading glasses when on the compy or extended reading periods.

They make me look spiffy.
bento_smile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:52 AM »

I wish I wore glasses.  Cry (but not enough to wear glasses without actually needing them. Unfortunately genetics seems to suggest that I won't need glasses until I'm at least 45 Sad and then I'll be too old to look good in them!)
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:27 AM »

Everyone gets floaters at least occasionally. If you get them a lot it can mean you have an actual problem, but they are, much like our planet in general, mostly harmless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »

I wear glasses. I think they make me look bad, but I don't mind them too much. The worst thing is knowing how dependent I am on them. Without them, I can't read things more than a foot or two away.

mirosurabu
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 06:27:10 AM »

I should, but I don't. My vision is really bad, but I can see things clearly.

Can't comprehend? Me neither.
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 08:47:12 AM »

I wear glasses in the evenings. During the day I prefer contacts. I like the way they make me look, though. Sometimes I wonder if I should start wearing them all the time.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

Those squiggles aren't an optical or neurological trait... It means the veil is diminishing  Cool

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »

I wear glasses for about 8 years now. Sometimes I take a shower and realize my glasses are still on me.
By overhearing all sort of stuff and junk articles, I think that consuming a lot of sugar might worsen your eye sight. So people who want to have glasses, you might consider a diet with a healthy amount of sweets.

Master of all trades.
rtpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »

I've always wondered why there is always a higher concentration of glasses among neeeeeerds
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic