Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:38:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you wear glasses?
Poll
Question: Well?
No, I have great vision - 39 (22.8%)
No, but I should - 16 (9.4%)
No, but I want to - 7 (4.1%)
Yes, and I hate them - 23 (13.5%)
Yes, and I love them - 62 (36.3%)
No, I wear contacts - 9 (5.3%)
No, I'm Paul Eres and use special Native American eye training - 3 (1.8%)
NO I'M CACTUS AND MY EYES ARE LASERS - 12 (7%)
Total Voters: 144

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Do you wear glasses?  (Read 8117 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:37 PM »

Nearly blind without glasses.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »

yes but I don't need them all the time. [why isn't this an option on the poll??]

only need them to see really far

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »

No, but I had laser eye surgery.

I guess that means I have to choose the last option ...  WTF
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:32 PM »

Where's the option for those who have them and feel neutral about them?

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

I have intra-corneal lens implants...

You could say...  Cool... That I have proto-cyborg eyes...

(It makes me sad that there is no cyborg-eyes/corrective eye surgery option in this poll)...

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »

I'm near sighted, but over the past couple of years it has gotten so bad that I can't see anything without them.

However, I am incredibly sexy with glasses... or so I claim.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »

i'm near-sighted and need them, but i can live without them.
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

Wow...not only does Cactus have laser eyes he's also seven people! He never ceases to amaze.

Yeah I have glasses and should probably wear them more. My eyesight's fine apart from in certain light conditions or when they're strained. Yay for keratoconus! (<- But only its only slight mind you.)
iffi
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »

My right eye can see fine (it used to be 20/20, though it's not quite that anymore), but my left eye is terribly near-sighted (I failed to read the big "E" on the first row of those letters used to test vision). Apparently this causes my brain to rely heavily on only my right eye, screwing over depth perception (perhaps that's why I've never been a fan of 3D movies...), so recently I got glasses. The difference between the two eyes is so great that the left lens (intentionally) doesn't even fully correct that eye. Even so, it gets really disorienting sometimes, especially when I have to focus on objects at different distances rapidly, such as when I'm taking notes in class (looking at the paper and the board). At least they don't look bad on me.
I had contacts before, but I hated wearing them, so I didn't (I could see fine anyway, since my right eye was fine).

So in the poll, I want to answer "No, I have great vision," "No, but I should," "Yes, and I hate them," and "Yes, and I love them."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:02:53 PM by iffi » Logged
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:20 AM »

A surprizingly large amount of the users on TIGSoure Forum are all Cactus. That explains a lot.
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »

Do sunglasses count? Yes! Even at night and indoors  Cool I need prescription glasses but don't wear them in public unless strictly necessary, it doesn't fit me to look like a nerd  Who, Me?

Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »

No, even though I'm seeing double all the times. I just look bad with them...
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »

Where ever he appears, polls follow

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »

My vision is fine, if I do say so myself.
I don't wear glasses, but I would look extremely silly if I ever wear them in public.
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »

With all this talk of glasses I decided to wear my glasses while driving home last night.  They actually weren't all that uncomfortable, at least for the first hour of wearing them.  Wearing them was like going from 1024x600 res to 1920x1080; or something like sliding the graphics setting up on one's PC game.  Everything looked a lot more sharp, crisp and clear (and readable).  Kinda like turning up model detail (oh look at every blade of grass), higher texture resolution (so text looks clear and not blurry at any distance) and draw distance turned up to keep things looking sharp and clear at any distance (also like having resolution turned up).  A definite improvement on my visual experience of, well, the world/life.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:36:12 PM by Lon (previously BigLon) » Logged

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »

Where's the option for cybernetic vision implants?

In high school I started having this problem of blurry vision. I thought it was anxiety or a panic attack or something, because I'm uncomfortable in crowds and it only occurred when I left home, so I made the correlation.

It was only years later that I discovered it wasn't actually psychological; I just couldn't see for shit. Glasses fixed it. I didn't notice before because I rarely leave home except for school, and at home the distances aren't that great to emphasize the effect, as they are outdoors.

I've always wanted to wear glasses, from as long as I can remember. They just look cool... Like a first step towards transhumanism and cybernetics. An extension to your body. Plus, they're associated with intelligence.
coolchic613
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »

I do wear glasses actually. There's this store here in Australia, Bailey Nelson, where I get all my glasses--prescription and sunglasses--from. They're cheap and trendy. I like them! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:50:30 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »

Thank you, i am also cheap and trendy

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Svetlana
Level 1

part-time composer, full-time squirrel girl

View Profile WWW