Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411519 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:11:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHat Simulator
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Hat Simulator  (Read 10699 times)
Valyou
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »

Yay, it's TF2 without the main game! Big Laff
Anyways, here's my ideas.
A bottle of milk - Just a bottle of milk that sits on your head. If you move around too fast, it will fall off and you'll lose it. But, if it hits somebody when it falls, they get milked.
Bunny ears - give you a little more spring in your step.
Cat ears - Less fall damage (if that is included in the game) So not furry.
Vampire - you can sap life from others using this hat. 25 health can be sapped from one player max.
Diaperhead - A diaper on your head, that adds 15+ max health.
So not a ripoff - A hat that looks like it was stolen from TF2, and if you sell a hat to another player while wearing this hat, they will get a totally different hat.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »

Hatstand Hat: You can stack up to three hats on it. You get the effects of all of them!

Valyou
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »

We also should think of the hat's rarity, and not just it's feautures. Also, here's moar hats.
The Egg-Laying Hat of Big Boom - 2 in 100 - This hat lays eggs that can explode randomly, leading to the attacked players to drop their hats, where anybody else (or the victim themself) can pick them up.
Big Balogna - 27 in 100 - A hunk of ham as a hat. It makes you twice as heavy as normal, and you can hit people with your fat porky head.
Jack the Circular Lantern - 10 in 100 (HALOWEEN) - A jack-o-lantern head. It can help light your path in the dark, and you can hit somebody with it (but once you use it, it's gone forever!)
The Gift That Sits on Thy Head - 30 in 50 (X-MAS)- A gift that sits on your head. When you hit somebody with it or drop it, it unwraps into a random hat.
The Naughty Gift - 75 in 80 (X-MAS) - A gift that drops coal when you run around too fast.
Also, here's a nice idea.
CRAFTING!
There's backpack sections for two kinds of things, which are craft items and hats. The crafting is more Minecraft-y than TF2, but works mainly the same. As part of a use for the Naughty Gift, coal can be used to make hats with firey or explosive attributes.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »

Don't forget to have hats that only appear on holidays. And not just special holidays, either, I mean every Saint's feast and archaic Celtic festivals (Samhain mask!) and all. Like a little party hat for New Year's Day (a pointy one, not a crown-like one like my "2000!!!" idea).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:49:24 PM by Paint by Numbers » Logged
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »

Awesome awesome awesome. You guys rock.

Adding to the list; Unfortunately I won't be able to work on the game over the weekend because I'm gonna be away, which really sucks, but I'll try to get things kickstarted next Monday.

Valyou
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »

I have sympathy for you. I can't wait for the game either. Waaahhh! Wooaahhh! CRY SUM MOOAARRRR! Cry
Adittionally, here's a burst of new hats to add to the game when you're back on the project.
The Trampoline Hat of Teamwork - 90 in 100 - A trampoline that can be worn as a hat. Teamwork sucks sometimes, doesn't it?
The Steampunk Hat of Broccoli - 12 in 500 - Drops steamed broccoli whenever a user presses a special command button. The broccoli replenishes 15+ health.
The Gib Factory - 2 in 100 - Anybody near the wearer will explode, but the recharge takes two minutes, making it less awesome.
There's A Globe on Your Head! - 5 in 30 (EARTH DAY) - A globe that floats above your head, and drops plants every five minutes that can heal up to 10 extra health points for everybody near it.
The Silly Hat - 900 in 1000 - It causes anybody near it to stand still, point, and laugh at the bearer of this hat. Use this hat to your advantage, as you can make anybody an easy target with it.
The Weird Wig - 3 in 10 - A big wig strapped to your head rig. It hasn't much use.
A Crafty Hat - CRAFTING ITEM AND HAT - The first of the few hats you may obtain in Hatsim. It's use is a base for crafting hats of different uses.
CRAFTING ITEMS:
Rubber - rubber material for the bounciest of stuff.
Gunpowder - Used for hats tied to use of explosives. It can also be used in-game as a standard explosive with any hat that uses fire.
Coal - Used for hats tied to burning stuff. Comes from THe Naughty Gift or random drop.
I'm sure you can think of more items and crafting materials.
Also, somebody else had my Bottle of Milk and Rip-off hats when I had came up with them. Fix that plawcks.
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »

Devo hat - you must whip it. I'll let you decide what "it" is.

Edit: Upon recalling how that music video actually went, the clothes off of a woman would be an acceptable "it" but I will not be disappointed if you choose otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:52:38 PM by DjangoDurango » Logged
Valyou
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

Devo hat - you must whip it. I'll let you decide what "it" is.

Edit: Upon recalling how that music video actually went, the clothes off of a woman would be an acceptable "it" but I will not be disappointed if you choose otherwise.
holditthar
ROBLOX *coughcoughsobadcough* got sued for making Devo hat! Maybe they'll be more lenient on the true indies, but let's see how things pull out.
But if Hatsim ends up shoveling out crappy hats from pure crap like "Crocheted Cthulu" to trademarked stuff with slight changes, I'd slap you silly.
Anyways, is Hatsim getting networking features? Trading and selling hats and crafting more would be SO fun wih others! Have you thought of a good name? Hat Simulator sounds rather off-putting. Hatsim sounds good, but what you'd like is what I'd like.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:41:42 PM by Valyou » Logged
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »

The Sneaker - A cardboard box. Makes you walk slower.
Umbrella Hat - Makes the screen rain, but it doesn't matter because you are adequately protected by the spinning umbrella atop your bonce.
Gimp Mask - Makes your vision smaller. Puts a ball and chain around your ankle.
Potters Spectacles - Allows you to fire off magic beams from your forehead.

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:22 PM »

Added to the list Nugsy. Great ideas Wink

Currently working on making a sprite font (It's my first time), I want to finish it tonight so I can start programming stuff tomorrow.

I'm thinking of revising my plan, partly because running around in an empty room waiting for hats to fall sounds kinda boring. Originally it was my plan to simply make this a complete rip on TF2, but I think because of the awesome ideas I'm getting it deserves to be something more than that.

So here's my idea:

You start out in a town -- thing is, town is empty (Which I guess completely defeats the purpose of it being a town, but what the hey!). Now, hats will still randomly appear, but you can also find hats by exploring the town. I think this is a good idea because it makes things more entertaining.

Now, if you press, for example, <space> you will be warped to an area called "hatspace" ... or something different (Probably something different) which is basically an empty white area where you can choose your hats and wear them. You can also read about the hat, and do other various things in which I'm kinda skeptical right now, but you get the idea.

So, there you go. That's the new plan. Thoughts?

Actually scratch that, I'm still trying to think of a way I could make things more interesting without complicating things too much, and that sounds way to complicated.

Maybe this would be better off as a minigame or something.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:44:33 AM by Razz » Logged

Danrul
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »

TF2 ripoff.
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

I'm too tired to think of a response so have a smiley
 Gentleman

Conker534
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »

Troll hat

but now funny pictures are flying at you D:
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »

Top Hat #2 - You must tip your hat to passing ladies with perfect timing.
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »

Ouch. The sprite font I spent forever working on is too big. OH WELL, I guess I could use it for the title and maybe future projects.

Here's the strip for those of you who want to use it: http://i52.tinypic.com/ajt0yc.jpg (NO CREDIT NEEDED)

Edit: Also, reworked the background. Looks a lot nicer now IMO.

The character is still a WIP. I think I'm gonna soften his colors then probably add some shading.

Edit Edit: (As if I can't say this enough) AWESOME IDEAS. Really, I'm not kidding. Eventually I will get to programming them I promise! Gotta work on the boring shit first, though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:52:08 PM by Razz » Logged

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

Here's the strip for those of you who want to use it: http://i52.tinypic.com/ajt0yc.jpg (NO CREDIT NEEDED)
JPEG + Pixelart = Ugly messed up colors.  Try a PNG next time! Wink

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »

JPEG + Pixelart = Ugly messed up colors.  Try a PNG next time! Wink

It's just dark grey and white. There doesn't seem to be any distortion to me...?

OP, if you ever need beta-testing, I would like to do some. Smiley
iffi
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »

Minecraft Hat - Place blocks everywhere, and hope they help you later on.

By the way, this is an awesome idea.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »

Crown of Thorns - You're on the Cross, fighting against the pain to save humanity's souls. It hurts an awful lot. Press Z as fast as you can to not pass out! If you do, all of mankind is damned!
Antler cap - The spirit of the wilderness is contained within this mystical oaken crown. Carry around a wooden staff and watch as trees spring out of nowhere, filling the screen with dark greenery. Deer and other small animals come to prance around you. If you feel like it, press Z to mount one and ride around.
Devil horns - Maybe being damned isn't so bad after all! Carry around a whip and hit any NPCs left from other hats. You can sprout bat wings a la Meta Knight to fly. Your mother sucks cocks in hell! And with this hat, so can you!
The Independent Games Hat - TIGS logo planted atop a small, unobtrusive brim. This hat allows you to spin a wheel and summon any hat inspired by indie games, which then replace the TIGhat.
Quote hat - You can take on any doctor in the world! Polar Star in hand, Mimigas trailing after, you're the unstoppable Quote! Or at least a guy with his hat.
Nurse hat - Speaking of medical personnel, have a little nurse hat, complete with a red cross! This doesn't actually do much, besides allow you access to hospital medical stores. And hey, speaking of access to medical substances...
Marijuana hat - It's actually just a big cardboard pot leaf connected to a headband. Its creation was just as lazy and relaxed as you'll be when you put it on! This one comes with hippie hair, glasses, small beard, complimentary joint, and ironic competence at very complicated fields. Effects include slowed speed, decreased stress, and reefer madness.
Beefeater helmet - Pressing any direction key when it's not the Changing of the Guard will result in your expulsion from the guard and the loss of your hat. If any NPCs are next to you, however, you are allowed to punch them. Schedule and Changing of the Guard happen in realtime and are not sped up.
Trucker hat - (has this been done already? apologies, if so) Awwww yeah. Drivin' a truck around anywhere alllll over America. Not a care in the world. Boy howdy!... Oh God, it's lonely and boring! Take the hat off and get the hell out of the truck!
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »

JPEG + Pixelart = Ugly messed up colors.  Try a PNG next time! Wink
No artifacts on my end, strange.

OP, if you ever need beta-testing, I would like to do some. Smiley
I may do beta testing once the game gets further in development, depends on how complex it gets! I'll definitely give you a heads up if I need help though Smiley

Anyway, my progress for the day (Why did I bold that? I have no idea)

SO, I fixed up the player sprite. Made it more washed looking, added some shading, nothing big. Spent a good chunk of my time making text appear when you get a hat, along with making the hat fall from the sky and land on your player (Sprites are temporary). Overall it was a pretty unproductive day TBH. Spent most of my time browsing this new forum my friends set up (I should stop there or this will sound like an advertisement OH NO).

Also I fixed the sprite font so it fits on the screen. If you want to use it here's the link http://i55.tinypic.com/29veyb9.jpg but it's kinda tiny so be warned (Same as before, no credit is needed).

Edit: Dayum so many great ideas. I think I'll need to add a cap at some point because there will be too many haha

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic