Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:08:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignFreedom Quest
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Freedom Quest  (Read 10161 times)
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 04:48:36 AM »

This design goes in the 'if only I had unlimited time' category...

Freedom Quest: A point-and-click adventure game.

Stage 1: Abortion Quest
Your abusive husband has driven you to the abortion clinic, and he elects to stay in the car with the motor running. If you try to leave without getting an abortion, he’ll beat you to death. But there’s a crowd of pro-lifers blocking the door.

Stage 2: Taser Quest
Can you get through the day at the police station using only the verbs ‘Open’, ‘Close’, and ‘Taser’? If you’re forced to use one of the other action buttons, you forfeit your points.

Stage 3: Homeless Quest
If you go to the shelter, you can’t keep your dog. If you lose your dog, you lose the game. So what will you do for food? Plus, it’s snowing, and you smell bad.

Stage 4: Burger Quest
You work in a burger joint in a strip mall. You can only flip burgers and press the button on the fryer. Between opening and closing you must flip 7000 burgers and press the button on the fryer 300 times. Your avatar can’t bring himself to put down the spatula and leave, no matter how many times you click on the exit.

Stage 5: Jail Quest
You are have just arrived at a secret maximum-security federal prison, to serve a life sentence for treason. There is no mess hall, no rec room and no exercise yard. You can speak to the prisoner in the adjoining cell, which is little more than a wire cage.  But he only speaks Urdu.

Stage 6: Heroin Quest
You wake up with one thought on your mind: to get some heroin. You will need $20 in cash and a clean needle and the junk. The contents of your house: your CD player. You can’t safely drive your car until you score. And there’s no way you can get the pharmacist to give you a clean needle looking like this.

Stage 7: TeleQuest
You are at a desk in a call center. In your inventory: a telemarketing script for selling  life insurance. The first line of the script includes the phrase “You may have already won…”. You are not allowed to leave until you do $300 worth of sales.

Stage 8: Anxiety Quest
Leaving for school in the morning, you narrowly miss your bus. So you have to run. When you finally get to school, late, you can’t remember your locker combination. Without your books, you walk into class where an exam is underway. But you haven’t studied at all! And your pencil is blunt! And it isn’t a 1B pencil, it’s 5B! And you’re naked from the waist down! And everyone has noticed! And you could swear your front teeth are coming loose!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:11:12 AM by Benzido » Logged
Chizzer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

Stage 3: Homeless Quest
If you go to the shelter, you can’t keep your dog. If you lose your dog, you lose the game. So what will you do for food? Plus, it’s snowing, and you smell bad.

This one is full of win.

==================================
-Boop! Danuh-nah daanuh-nah naaahh-
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »

Stage 8: Anxiety Quest
Leaving for school in the morning, you narrowly miss your bus. So you have to run. When you finally get to school, late, you can’t remember your locker combination. Without your books, you walk into class where an exam is underway. But you haven’t studied at all! And your pencil is blunt! And it isn’t a 1B pencil, it’s 5B! And you’re naked from the waist down! And everyone has noticed! And you could swear your front teeth are coming loose!

The sad thing is, I've been out of highschool for 13 years now and I still have a similar version of this dream on occasion.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:41:08 AM »

Couldn't we split those up and maybe even make IF games of em? I'd love to do stage 3 Tongue

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »

Stage 5: Jail Quest
You are have just arrived at a secret maximum-security federal prison, to serve a life sentence for treason. There is no mess hall, no rec room and no exercise yard. You can speak to the prisoner in the adjoining cell, which is little more than a wire cage.  But he only speaks Urdu.

Where's the rough manloving?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

Where's the rough manloving?

Well, there's already a game like that, called 'Hard Time'.

I guess I think our cultural attitude to prison rape is really disturbed and dehumanising, and 'Ha ha ha don't drop the soap' doesn't really match the theme of the other stages, which focus on the idea of freedom. Doing a prison rape game would be like doing a 'Bum fight' game.

Couldn't we split those up and maybe even make IF games of em? I'd love to do stage 3 Tongue

Yeah, that could be cool if people were interested. Would you use Inform 7?
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »

Heh, I actually had the same idea as Hideous. Most of these would be very doable. Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »

"That would be an instant classic, generations of the future would study this game in class just like "The grapes of wrath". It would be a defining masterpiece for a whole generation. A true American Epic." -R. Egbert

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »

Stage 6: Heroin Quest
... And there’s no way you can get the pharmacist to give you a clean needle looking like this.

Just saying... realistically, it's way easy to get your rigs no matter how strung out you look.  Most urban areas have needle exchange programs.

I would like to play your game anyway though.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »

Yeah, that could be cool if people were interested. Would you use Inform 7?

A-yup. That's the easiest.

We could then pack all of these games together. Man, it'd be awesome.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 04:27:56 AM »

these are hillarious and slightly disturbing.  if it is in the format of the adventure game, do ones like 'Burger Quest' and 'Tele Quest' are only winnable by following the 'flip 10 million burgers' or is it accually like.. trying to solve puzzle?
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:04:17 AM »

I say Benzido, start a thread on this in Projects, and let everyone sign up for one of the stages/chapters. Then we make them and discuss them. And eventually distribute them in a zip file or something, I guess.

Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »

Ok, but I'm going to try to think of a few more stages first so people have more options.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28:32 PM »

Yay!

City Quest: You're lost in Manhattan, and you have to find "Huen Lo's Antiques".

Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 06:34:32 AM »

Atari Quest

You have to jump over a ravine, but the 'up' switch on your joystick is broken.
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 06:39:28 AM »

Willpower Quest:

You're at college, and you have to write a paper, but your don't want to. Can you force yourself to write it, or will you continue to...

- buy shoes online
- play minesweeper
- email your girlfriend
- check facebook
- refill your coffee cup
- take a power nap
- look out the window
- rock back and forth on your chair
- worry about the deadline

...until the deadline passes?
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »

... Very doable in Inform 7, I believe, since it has a time system.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »

Is this anything like what you had in mind?

Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »

That looks cool - what is it? Ah, didn't look closely enough, it's a mockup!

Very nice.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 09:02:01 AM »

IF > That. For these, at least Tongue

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic