Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:29:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPure Rocket Ownage (longer news)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pure Rocket Ownage (longer news)  (Read 4978 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

So here is a teaser:
http://youtu.be/5E8zpspMPEI?hd=1

and a website: http://pro.pigames.pl/

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »

Few words about the game from each member of our core team

Lead programmer
Quote from: waxx
My favorite game mode is definitely race. High speed of tank, along with numerous obstacles on the road create very fast-paced gameplay, sensitive for even smallest mistakes. 
You need a lot of tries and different approaches on a certain map to finally get a clue where to start slowing down, when to take a turn, to master it.
Decisions that you need to make in just a second - whether to shoot barrels and drive through them risking losing some of hit points or using the alternative path but little longer, also make the overall game much more fun.
And then comes the big relief as well as joy that you have finished a level without any death and you got 3 stars for it, beating a record on top of it.

New visual artist
Quote from: regg
Game itself turned out to be great. It surprised me somehow, it really did! From the very first builds I had tons of fun, it's really playable even as beta.
Didn't really expect that a game that i'm creating as well, might give me so many satisfaction from both developer and player side. Favorite game mode? Hmm, time attack, but I don't have a clue why :fishface:

Me
Quote from: ANtY
My favorite game mode is arena. I love AI of our bots, which is more inteligent than i could imagine when we were concepting this mode.
This mode requires more "skill" than other modes imo. If you want to get 3 stars you have to not only think about your KD ratio (kills : deaths), but about your accuracy too. This is also the only (for now) mode where you can collect bonus crates while playing. These crates provide double damage, invisibility and haste. Bots can collect them too so it's two edged sword.
These two things are making arena the best mode for me.

Second part of this post

We had already two approaches in making Base defense mode and both wasn't fun to play. Maybe you have some good idea what this mode can be about (or maybe with other name), because we want to have 6 modes and we have only 5 now. Maybe tower defense? Maybe something else?

And last but not least

We got some WiPs from our new artist regg

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:37:55 PM by ANtY » Logged

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 01:51:44 AM »

You should keep your first post updated.

Wow especially because your game looks so much different than when you started.
All I can say is that the graphics look great! Tread marks are always a nice touch.

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »

Your progress is impressive.  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmileyHand Thumbs Up Right But I have two concerns...

Right now the tank is always in the center of the screen (at least that's how it looks like on the video). Have you considered adding some kind of mouse panning? That would enable the player to look and aim farther and be less surprised when he drives right in front of the opponent's tank.

Also, don't you have the feeling that the notifications (those like "Heating Up") are a bit too large and stay on the screen a bit too long? I mean, they get in the way a little and the player can't see what's going on below those notifications.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 07:05:01 AM »

I'll change 1st post ASAP.  //done

Thanks for constructive critic Smiley

1. Tank is staying on the middle of screen only in one game mode (race), on others middle of the screen is centered between player and cursor position (not exactly, it is moving to this point all the time).
2. Those notifications are that large cause it was recorded in window with res like 800x600 and i still got 20 FPS >.>. On normal resolutions it doesn't look so big.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:12:20 AM by ANtY » Logged

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »

What Jakman said. Those are some sexy-looking graphics. Smiley

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pure-Rocket-Ownage/194804453884918

I got facebook page up and running and I'll try to have it updated. There are some fresh screen shots that ain't here.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic