Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:17:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingnew indie game Zeno Clash
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: new indie game Zeno Clash  (Read 7344 times)
dcalogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »

Hi all, I am working now at ACE Team, a new indie studio, and thought of sharing what we are doing with you guys. Feel free to comment on the art, the teaser video, etc.

The website is www.zenoclash.com (we are also starting a forum to comment on the game and share more screenshots and game art), I hope you like the style.

The game is a FPS, but we are trying to innovate in the mechanics of the game by including a really strong melee combat system.

I'll leave you with a screenshot in the meanwhile

David
Kekskiller
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

this looks awesome! ...

... but isn't it more a feedback-thread?
dcalogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »

this looks awesome! ...

... but isn't it more a feedback-thread?

Well we ARE looking for feedback Smiley, after all the style is very... unique

So please share your thought and say what you like/dislike about it

David
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »

Holy crap, I love the art style. It has kind of a fantasy-punk feel, which reminds me of the Oddworld series. Will you get to fight those huge...things in the first screenshot?

From a technical standpoint the graphics look pretty promising too. I like the subtle blur and depth-of-field effects.

Unfortunately my computer probably won't be able to run it...I can barely run Half-Life 2 as it is. I should really get a better video card one of these days, I'm missing out on all kinds of awesome stuff.
Kekskiller
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:45 AM »

i mean it's the wrong forum!

it's interesting to see a visually strong and independent game that uses a kind of motion / distance blur. this reminds me of "Spore"; sometimes it has a similar look. and the toenails... nice! unfortunaly i havn't watched the video, yet... waiting for more gamplay informations Smiley

amazing how many technicals details are detectable in this shot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 11:33:54 AM by Kekskiller » Logged
dcalogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

Unfortunately my computer probably won't be able to run it...I can barely run Half-Life 2 as it is. I should really get a better video card one of these days, I'm missing out on all kinds of awesome stuff.

We are using the Half Life Ep2 engine, so it doesn't asks that much, we have many old computers in here and the game looks good in them too.

You will not be able to fight those "mucalosaurus", sadly, but there will be many interesting enemies (and in different sizes too!)

David
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »

Looks very pretty and fucking weird. I like it. Grin
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »

Wow, love the style. This is like FPS + The Dark Crystal = love.
Zaphos
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

Very cool work  Kiss

We are using the Half Life Ep2 engine, so it doesn't asks that much, we have many old computers in here and the game looks good in them too.
So, you guys actually have a budget?  Neat Smiley  How many people are you?
dcalogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

So, you guys actually have a budget?  Neat Smiley  How many people are you?
We are 7 people working full time, plus some external contributors. But the important part is that every people here has a long working experience, so we are very prolific.

David
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »

Reminds me of Oddworld- definite plus. The art style is just gorgeous- I may have to finally get a video card for my PC to play this.
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »

I remember seeing this somewhere before and literally telling myself: "...FUCKYES"
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »

I absolutely love the gun and the style of those massive creatures. The shadowy figure on top of that thing doesn't seem to fit in too well though.

looking foward to getting a computer that can run this  :D

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »

WOW!

really impressing, maybe a little weak on the technical side (the environment graphics looks a bit dated, what engine are you using?)it's but really awesome for the art.
The game looks so unique! looking foward to play it Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Zaphos
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:40:58 AM »

(the environment graphics looks a bit dated, what engine are you using?)
They said the "Half Life Ep2 engine" ... my graphics sense is weak, so I'm curious -- what parts stand out as dated?
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 01:21:11 AM »

I'm intrigued, the video and screenshots on your homepage look interesting, too. The graphics style is quite unique. What kind of gameplay can we expect? Straight forward, standard fighting-based FPS only? Or will there be other elements ... I don't know ... like RPG/adventure/strategy-elements, puzzles, etc?

Also, does anybody else think, that wearing your testicles on your nose might pose a major evolutionary disadvantage? :D
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 02:27:17 AM »

I absolutely love the gun and the style of those massive creatures. The shadowy figure on top of that thing doesn't seem to fit in too well though.

looking foward to getting a computer that can run this  :D
Well obviously I don't know how good your comp is but I wouldn't write it off because the Source engine can run on surprisingly weak computers, such as, er, mine. I don't know the technical details but apparently the code is very well-optimized.

Also, this game looks like EPIC WIN!

Corpus
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »

Doesn't look dated at all. Look at the rag-pole! It looks more real than any real life rag-pole I've ever seen.
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »

Keep at it, this looks great! I'm especially intrigued by the melee system, it sounds very cool!  Smiley

dcalogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 09:09:01 AM »

You can see more screenshots at forums.aceteam.cl or www.zenoclash.com...

David
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic