Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411444 Posts in 69483 Topics- by 58508 Members - Latest Member: smol-asteroid

July 18, 2024, 05:50:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIndie Game Music TIGS Post
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Game Music TIGS Post  (Read 6048 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:45:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure Souleye would definite appreciate it you mentioned his soundtrack to VVVVVV Smiley

I'm trying to think of other indie game soundtracks I really liked this year... Hero Core and Super Meat Boy, definitely.

(As for games this year that just had great music; first to come to mind are Phenomenon 32, Digital: A Love Story, Uin, Fractal, and Space Funeral.)

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »

True, I was thinking it should have gotten an honorable mention simply for it's quality.
IMO it deserves an honorable mention simply for making me aware of Ruth White Smiley

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »

True, I was thinking it should have gotten an honorable mention simply for it's quality.
IMO it deserves an honorable mention simply for making me aware of Les Rallizes Denudes Smiley

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »

There is a clear consensus among obscure Sunsoft characters as to the worthiness of Space Funeral's soundtrack.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »

It's just over a year old, but Machinarium.
Carlo Castellano
Level 0

Don't Panic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 06:06:20 AM »

Well, don't know if it would fits...

I recently composed a soundtrack for a game that is out now: Invaders: Corruption
I will release a downloadable version of the soundtrack soon, for free since the game is free.
A streaming version is already up here: http://carlocastellano.cc/invaders-corruption/ (now updated with downloadable version)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:56:50 AM by Carlo Castellano » Logged

[www.CarloCastellano.cc] musician, composer, sound designer
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Thank-you Derek, I appreciate you mentioning the PvZ Soundtrack ^_^  And for those who haven't seen Jeriaska's Videogame music project yet, it's really interesting.

For other ideas I could suggest Brother Android's music in Digital: A Love Story (it's very special music, I don't know how to describe it but it's really warm and ambient and cool), or any of HyperDuck's latest stuff (Dust, Katakijin, etc. are all fantastic).

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »

oh, and this is tooting my own composers' horns (which is doubly biased since one of the composers of immortal defense was my father, walter eres), but i probably should mention that the immortal defense soundtrack has been free for download for several years now, and has had some success on 'pause' music

quote from http://gamemusic4all.com/wordpress/tag/phlogiston/

Has their been any runaway hit albums on your site? Any album or artist that has done surprisingly well?

R: Actually one of our PLUS releases, the music from “Immortal Defense”, is far and away the most downloaded album on the site. We count over 7,000. The Pause compilation “Heartcode” is second at almost 3,000. Among regular artist releases, Animal Style’s Gameboy Madrigals and iqtu’s Embarrassing Triangle seem to be the two most popular releases. Naturally over time our viewership has increased to somewhere between 100 to 300 unique visitors a day, so the more recent releases are getting more downloads than the earlier stuff.

soundtrack is here: http://studioeres.com/immortal/soundtrack

but you mentioned wanting only recent games, so you should probably skip this one; i include this info just in case anyone here wants to try listening to the music

BitPuffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

Ohyeah, i second super meatboy, it's great.
awesome tunes  Durr...?

You can\'t spell \"Programmer\" without \"Pro\"
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'll put up the post tonight, so if there's anything else, slip it to me! I'll link this thread in the post, too.

#3 is missing, it was a song from aquaria, but warner music (Huh?) took it down

WTF?! FUCK WARNER MUSIC Facepalm
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »

Phlogiston! He's one of my favorites.

He did the music for Super Crate Box and a bunch of other soundtracks.

I Was In The War is one of my all time favorite tracks.
Carlo Castellano
Level 0

Don't Panic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 11:56:21 AM »

If anyone is interested, today I released the soundtrack of Invader Corruption, you can download it here (or stream): http://carlocastellano.cc/invaders-corruption/

[www.CarloCastellano.cc] musician, composer, sound designer
Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »

Both of these are from 2009 but I'd say they definitely deserve a mention. First one is the Shatter soundtrack, which is awesome. The second is a bit more obscure one (and sadly pretty hard to get since you have to order a physical copy from Paletweb), but in any case,

is pretty amazing.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic