Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:58:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosComposer looking for some projects!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Composer looking for some projects!  (Read 4550 times)
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »

Hey, everyone!  I have been absent from here for a while, but my name's Jamie Billings and I'm a student at Berklee College of Music, and I'm looking for some projects!  I'm currently working on a few game projects at the moment, one being SharkArm Studios' "Grand Feather" (I'm sure a lot of you guys know them; they are pretty active on here and they are awesome, so check out the progress of their game!).  I'm trying to build my portfolio for game music, so if anyone knows of any projects in need of a composer, let me know! Smiley My website is: www.jamiebillings.com and all my contact information is there.  I have a few songs up, as well. 

Have a good day!

Jamie

cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

Come on, everyone!  Let's make a cool project together! :D

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

Hey I looked at your site and I like your tunes!
PM me if your still interested in making some indie game music Tongue
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:33:43 PM by kitheif » Logged
N'graugt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:12:58 AM »

Think you can handle an arctic-horror sort of vibe? If so, my curiosity has been piqued.
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »

Thanks so much!  I replied Smiley

Gabriel_Down
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

Hi, I'm a composer looking for a project but can I hire you for some music?
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17:58 PM »

Yeah, definitely, my friend!  Send me an e-mail and we'll talk! :D

cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »

... I think it's incredibly unprofessional that, after sending me this (something that SEEMED to be serious), you had the nerve to send me a creepy message, hitting on me.  For future reference, I am not looking for anything here unless it is a project.  I am trying to build a portfolio, and I don't need sexist jerks sending me something here in public, pretending it's serious, just to send me something else in private that is incredibly irrelevant and gross.  To be clear: I might be a girl, but I am not going to be your girlfriend.  I am a video game composer, looking for projects.  I am only posting this in public because I hope to god that people like you won't be my competition, or anyone elses'.  You don't deserve to be hired after a stunt like that.  Professionalism is half of what makes you in this industry.  I sincerely hope that you don't pull anything like that again, and that you don't get hired for anything.  I am so insulted that you felt the need to lie to me, just because I am a girl. 

Again, I only felt it necessary because I saw you were also looking for projects, as well, and I don't find it fair for you to seem serious in public, but inappropriate in private.  Do not contact me again.

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »

Whoa creepy people these day Outraged
Gabriel_Down
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »

I thought it was obvious from the "I'm a composer but can I hire you to write music?"

Not on the bright side.

learn to take a joke.

PS: since you accuse me of hitting on you you should probably post the inbox hun. It was just explaining the joke. Oh and have sex sometime.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »

I thought it was obvious from the "I'm a composer but can I hire you to write music?"

Not on the bright side.

learn to take a joke.

PS: since you accuse me of hitting on you you should probably post the inbox hun. It was just explaining the joke. Oh and have sex sometime.

I think this conversation should continue in private because it's getting a little ridiculous, And Gabriel I think your the last person to tell others they should have sex.
Gabriel_Down
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

and I thought you wanted this conversation in private.
Gabriel_Down
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 10:51:38 PM »

post the frigging inbox you bloody sycophant
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 08:00:07 AM »

If you knew anything about the industry, then you would know for a fact that composers work together on projects all the time.  i.e.: I go to Berklee and we are ALL musicians; we all work together and hire each other for different things; some are more experienced with music production, some with scoring, others with business, others with music performance.  The fact that you seriously just sexually harassed me AGAIN just proves that you are nothing and will not be anything.  I don't take "jokes" like that lightly. You are so incredibly rude.  If you want to hit on people, make a myspace or something.  I'd hope to think that this place is a little bit more mature than that.  Do yourself a favor and delete this account; I'm reporting you now.

P.S. Thanks, KiThief! :D

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »

Haha yeah no problem, btw you should get on Aim sometime xD
Gabriel_Down
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 01:22:11 PM »

Next time you accuse me of sexual harrasment, I press charges. This is a public forum. Now go and stick  the "I go to berklee" bumper on your forehead.

PS: post the friggin inbox!
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »

Eponasoft may be looking to hire a musician for our current production. We are presently working on a fantasy/medieval-themed game. I have reviewed the work you have posted on your website and I feel that it is certainly up to par, and your style is likely to mesh well with our intended presentation. If this is something you might have some interest in, we'll be in touch.

Eponasoft develops commercial PC Engine games.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »

This is why we can't have nice things.

(Translation:  This is why we can't have more females involved in indie game development, which reinforces the stigma of electronic games as a young-male medium, which puts us in a cultural abyss as far as most are concerned.  This in turn contributes to the media bashing of electronic games which in turn reinforces the broader stigma of games being "bad for your brain".  It also goes without saying that female game designers often explore different subject matter than male ones.)

A while back there was a talk at GDC about how game development teams should try to be more diverse.  I balked at the time because it was (and is!) rather hard to find game-developer-friends who aren't somewhere in the proximity of "white male".  It's hard enough to find partners in dev that searching specifically for 'diverse' teammates isn't really feasible and teams just end up heterogenous.

It so happens that since then my current team has grown to include a female member but that's simply the hand of chance.  (As it ought to be.)  Anyway, this concludes my thread hijacking.  Maybe this topic deserves discussion elsewhere.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 06:40:27 AM »

One unprofessional lamer shouldn't get in the way of a diverse collaboration. You're going to find such people everywhere. The important thing is to simply ignore them and move on to something better. Some people just don't understand the fact that a picture of a pretty lady isn't an invitation for a bedmate.

Eponasoft develops commercial PC Engine games.
ink.inc
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »

Gabriel Down, that was not cool.

OP, I just want to let you know that that douche isn't at all representative of TIGSource. For the most part, we're just a bunch of decent folk trying to make some cool shit.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic