Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:03:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosComposer looking for some projects!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Composer looking for some projects!  (Read 4548 times)
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »

Eponasoft: I e-mailed you!  And to both you and John, thanks a lot! :D Some people are just closed minded and rude, and it's definitely not worth even worrying about.  I'm here to meet said people because I want to make cool stuff, too! That's what is important! 

Cellulose: Gender really doesn't matter.  That's all I can say. And if you disagree, then I think that you're missing out on a lot of great talent, because the arts have no gender anyway.

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »

I feel I may have been misunderstood.  (Trying to say:  it is a shame more women don't try game development / it is a shame the nature of the internet is not helping)  However, this is an awkward matter to discuss and out of place here besides, so my foot is taking up residence in my mouth until further notice.

Good luck with your endeavors and welcome to TIGS.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »

cataclysmos: I've sent you a response. I hope we get the chance to work together. Smiley

Cellulose: I believe I understand what you were trying to say, and I would tend to agree. It seems that the internet can truly be the doldrums of the mediocre, which means that there's always going to be a whole mess of losers who target females as if they existed only as pieces of meat to be eaten at their leisure. It creates an uncomfortable position for ladies and can be hard to overlook. That's why I personally completely ignore one's gender and focus on their abilities, their personality, and their willingness to work out a proper deal to get the job done. I can't tell you how many times I've been on programming forums dominated by males that flock like lemmings to the first person gutsy enough to reveal that they're female. It's nauseating.

Eponasoft develops commercial PC Engine games.
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »

Ah!! Cellulose, I am so sorry; I read it the wrong way; this week was finals week for me and I haven't slept in forever.  I am really sorry! I take it back!

And Eponasoft: I am about to reply to you! I am SO excited!!

Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »

OK then, I'll await your reply. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 10:50:35 PM »

Sorry for the double-post, but we haven't received any emails from you... is everything ok?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic