Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:40:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDefend Against Zombies - 3D Tower Defence game v1.01 (Video)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Defend Against Zombies - 3D Tower Defence game v1.01 (Video)  (Read 2836 times)
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »

Here's the first release of this Tower Defence game  Tears of Joy

Now with added video, click me!:

It's inspired by Defense Grid and in the same way you can only build towers on designated spots. I'm considering adding a free form option for other levels.

It doesn't have, by a long shot, all the features i'd like but i've been concentrating on getting it out there so while it is Alpha or Beta quality and just one level I thought I should do it anyway  Hand Any Key. I still need to squash a few bugs, optimise performance, add levels and different tower types but I have all the main elements I just need to polish Smiley

You need Java installed but it should work on and of the main desktop Operating Systems with Java 1.6.

Download
Here are the links:

Windows:

http://www.onemoregogames.com/downloads/DefendZombiesWindows.zip

Linux:

http://www.onemoregogames.com/downloads/DefendZombiesLinux.tgz

Mac OSX:

http://www.onemoregogames.com/downloads/DefendZombiesOSX.tgz

System Requirements:
If you have a relatively recent machine with reasonable 3D capability you should be OK.
Let me know what performance is like for you and the OS/specs of your system. It's sadly not playable on netbooks currently.   This uses LWJGL (the same as minecraft) so as a very rough rule if it can play minecraft it should be able to play this.

I'm preloading quite a lot in this so please forgive the slow load time  Ninja

Controls:
WASD or cursor keys: Move view
Right click (or ctrl): Rotate view
Left click: Select or place tower

Gameplay comments also welcome. I know this supplied level needs a fair bit more balancing/tweaking.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:48:06 PM by OneMoreGo » Logged
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:34:59 AM »

I wanna say a lot of nice things about this. You've definitely got something neat going on here.

The instructions were not at all clear, because the screens didn't fit into the provided window(default size). To be honest, I got some stuff, but not knowing all what was going on ruined it for me, and I really don't think I can say much very fairly about it all. An indication of how the zombies are going to travel would be good.
Your atmospheric sound effects are nice, and the graphics look pretty sweet.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated  Gentleman

It sounds like it's defaulting to the wrong resolution on your machine, i'm guessing 640x480 instead of 1024x768.

New builds uploaded, lets call it version 1.01 :D

This version should have the correct default resolution. I turned off AA on this version too as I forgot it was on and would like to give lower systems a better chance of running this smoothly until I optimise. I clearly need to work on the preferences though, added it to my list.  Smiley

The zombies will take the shortest path to the town hall, you can make them take different paths by blocking their path with towers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:29:31 PM by OneMoreGo » Logged
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »

I've added a video into the first post to help people get an idea of the game without having to download first Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic