Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 08:42:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioDo you play an instrument?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Do you play an instrument?  (Read 17837 times)
Bander
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »

I know there are a lot of musicians around here who tinker with music on thier computers. But I thought it would be fun to know which folks here play a more tangible instrument, acoustic or elecronic.

I play the euphonium.
Here's a good showcase of it. It's NOT me playing though:

PaulForey
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 05:07:50 AM »

I play Drums and Piano myself. I've recently started playing acoustic guitar but I'm very basic at it of yet.

I also have an accordion which I keep telling myself to play, but it's all brokey and tuneless Sad
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:30:30 AM »

Guitar, bass, drums, piano, analog synths, glockenspiel, harmonica, violin, banjo, trumpet, err I sing so my voice I guess.

I can pretty much play whatever I can get my hands on. After an hour or two with a new instrument I can usually figure things out.

PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »

Piano player here, although I didn't get as far enough to learn anything past the advanced level.
I've also been trying to learn guitar, since it seems to be the cool thing to do nowadays.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 07:16:27 AM »

Drums up until about 6 years ago when I started living in apartments Sad

medieval
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 07:17:30 AM »

I play a little bit of piano every now and then, and obsessively play the guitar due to my fascination for blues solos. I also have a harmonica that I've been playing around with.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 07:28:23 AM »

Played guitar on and off for a number of years, Piano I dabble in.

I have a drumkit but mostly I make noise on it and people tell me to stop Durr...?
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »

I've played drums and piano for about 6 years now, only the last 3 years have I taken it seriously though.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »

I can piano at an average level, and hum at a slightly-above-average level.
Bander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »

and hum at a slightly-above-average level.
Cheesy you should record samples and make a soundfont!

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:02 AM »

I play synthesizer. I currently have a Roland SH-201 and I'm looking to get an old Access Virus A.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »

My position kinda sucks.  I'm trying to learn how to make music with a computer, but I've never really been able to figure it out.  Otherwise, I'm classically trained in piano.  Like, all the way up to the toughest stuff.

I've even composed stuff (on pen and paper, though increpare introduced me to Lilypond.)  Hopefully one day I'll be a REAL musician like all of you.   Embarrassed

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »

I can play piano, but I'm not amazing at it (I stopped at like grade 2-3 or something)
I can also play guitar a bit but my level of skill with that is not going to impress anyone.

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

I currently have a Roland SH-201

A dude in my band had one of those, so I got to play with it lots. Super fun synth!

anosou
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »

I play the keys (any keys), bass, guitar and drums, including percussion. I'm not very good at any of these but hey, it's good fun!
chumez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »

6 years of music school -> piano player. Though I've given up on
professionally playing it, now I just play for fun. Themes from games like
zelda, pokemon, super mario, etc., a little bit of Chopin here and there  Smiley

and wow that guy on the Euphonium rocks!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »

I play the guitar, and little bits of other things (though not well enough to say I really play them, I don't think) - piano, drums, bass, banjo, things like that.

So, really just the guitar.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »

I currently have a Roland SH-201

A dude in my band had one of those, so I got to play with it lots. Super fun synth!
During summer there was a day where I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went to my synth and programmed patches until 9am. Fun stuff.

My position kinda sucks.  I'm trying to learn how to make music with a computer, but I've never really been able to figure it out.  Otherwise, I'm classically trained in piano.  Like, all the way up to the toughest stuff.

I've even composed stuff (on pen and paper, though increpare introduced me to Lilypond.)  Hopefully one day I'll be a REAL musician like all of you.   Embarrassed

Get a Korg NanoKey, it's $50 and it comes with a demo version of the M1 Le software and Ableton Live. If you want to start actually making music, get that. It's only two octaves, but it's a start, right?

iffi
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »

I used to play the violin for about 9 years or so, but I haven't played it in about a year.
I want to learn the piano, but I don't have a piano. Sad
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

I play piano. And clarinet. No one's said clarinet yet!

And I could theoretically play the recorder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic