Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:07:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCouple of games I've been working on
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Couple of games I've been working on  (Read 7084 times)
jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

Hey all! Glad to see a forum here again. Longtime Tigsource reader...

just thought I'd post a couple games I've been working on, you can let me know what you think (very in progress)...

http://www.superscience.us/fungibombr/

http://www.superscience.us/typingfist/
(typing game - click on the screen before you start typing)

Prospero
Level 0

Mostly Harmless

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »

Fungibombr is a nice idea, and your Typing of the Dead-alike is looking quite good graphically. I like both of them, keep up the development Smiley

Prospero - Mostly harmless dodgy geezer
Completed games: Poing! PC
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »

FungiBombr is very nice and atmospheric (lol), but level 4 doesn't work for me (all white) is it normal?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
basara
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:20:56 PM »

FungiBombr is very nice and atmospheric (lol), but level 4 doesn't work for me (all white) is it normal?
Same here.
I found it funny that when you lose it just says SUCK Tongue
DanDanger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »

SALLY FORTH!!!!

Fungibomber is brilliant, it's original, it's fun, the presentation is just fantastic and that girl should "SALLY FORTH", what more could anyone ask for! Well done on those games.

The typing one looks great fun to, I like a good typing game I do Smiley though I couldn't figure out how to type in "Double", had a problem with the quotation marks for some reason.
Prospero
Level 0

Mostly Harmless

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 03:06:44 AM »

The typing one looks great fun to, I like a good typing game I do Smiley though I couldn't figure out how to type in "Double", had a problem with the quotation marks for some reason.
Ah, yes, I meant to mention this as well. I got around it by typing an @ instead of a ", presumably because there's some weird UK / US keyboard layout swap going on Smiley

Prospero - Mostly harmless dodgy geezer
Completed games: Poing! PC
jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:33:32 AM »

yeah, sorry - the double thing in typing fist: you don't actually need to have quotes or anything. I realize its a bit confusing right now...

fungibombr - there is no level 4 yet Wink

So again, very early stuff - I appreciate the comments, I've havn't really shared these with people before, they are so early. Hopefully I will find for time to work on them.
Matt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 01:40:20 AM »

About fungibombr: thefirst time i played it i got some kind of strange glitch or something. small green circles kept continually exploding like bombs that incessantly exploded and so the colonists were wipedout in under 30 seconds every time. It is either fixed now or the comouter I was using at work was strange. I found the restriction of bombs in the 3rd level jumped the difficulty way up. As you have a lot of levels potentially you might space out the difficulty curve.

about Typing fist: it has enough potential to make me want to play a typing game even though I am bollocks at typing.

Good work. These gave me just the diversion i needed at work today.  Grin
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

Typing Fist was pretty cool, but at the start nothing happened when I started typing one of the phrases. So I tried the other one (the gibberish one) and it started working, is there a particular order sometimes?

Also, after getting through a few rounds of ninjas, it came back to the original two, and for some odd reason it selected both at once (I may have tried to press both letters at once), so I kept getting hit because while I was trying to type one phrase, it was registering bad letters for the other phrase. Then when I actually finished the phrases of one guy, he didn't die.

Bug perhaps?

Last release: sync::routine
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 05:36:50 PM »

For me there's a little problem with the typing game, because I can't type without watchin the keyboard so the gameplay isn't really intuitive for me. Embarrassed
I'm missing most of what's happening on screen.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
JohnB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »

Ooh, me like both! The fungibomber game is just neat for some reason, and I dig typing games and like the idea of beating up ninjas with my keyboard.

I'm a writer. I write words for games. Example: Bitcoin Billionaire, Freaking Meatbags.
jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »

Hey thanks for the feedback!

yeah, both games are very broken still... almost too much to even be posted (Fungibomb.r breaks after level 3, and Typing Fist breaks after the second wave on ninjas).

I'd lost inertia on these, so they've just been collecting dust for a few months. Maybe your comments will help me actually finish...

jkd
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 03:04:11 PM »

Both are great so far. Cool ideas, nice presentation.

There is a design problem with Typing Fist. If two or more of the phrases start with the same letter, you won't know which one will be selected until you type the first character. A few times, I would look at one of them, and start typing it very fast, but the other one would get selected, and I'd get lots of errors.

There are a few ways to fix this. If it doesn't matter (for gameplay purposes) which order you kill the ninjas, then the game could auto-select them for you. Or, you could ensure that all on-screen ninjas have phrases that start with different letters. (I think this is how other similar typing games do it, but I'm not 100% sure.)

Overall, nice games. Finish them up!
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »

I think Typing Fist could be awesome.

Maybe popping up individual words at a time would work better than whole phrases.  I found that I kept getting stopped in a sentence when there was a space, and I'd keep hitting the wrong characters because you can't see it there, in front of a word.
jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »

Thanks for the feedback all. I've decided to focus on Fungibomb.r for the time-being(in hopes of actually being able to finish one).

I'm creating a new Thread for just that game here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=239.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic