Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:20:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Ghosts&Makers] No Stars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Ghosts&Makers] No Stars  (Read 2769 times)
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2010, 06:51:40 AM »

A David Smith (Sensenmann) and Ahmed Saker game

The year is 2530, or is it 3030?

You awaken from cryosleep aboard a colony ship. No one is there to greet you. You are alone. The goddess of night, Nyx introduces herself and you must be punished, or so she says.

Everyone is dead, their ghosts haunt the ship's halls, attacking your sanity. The ship drifts.

You must regain control of the ship.

No Stars is a First Person Puzzle Horror game. Unlike other games, the player gets two health bars, one for sanity, another for health. Based on evidence, the player must decide what is real and what is not.

Conspiracy unfolds.

If you can make the Goddess bleed, people will cease to believe in her
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:15:43 AM by Sensenmann » Logged
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:55:57 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »

Sweet! :D

The setting sounds awesome.
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

So this is like a sci-fi Eternal Darkness? That could be very very cool.

Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »

I made some art of one of Nyx's minions . This is Momus. He has been modified by some of the cargo. His real identity, along with the identities of the other monsters of his kind, is lost. He is the first to attack Dave of what Nyx accuses him of.

I wasn't symmetrical, but then again, 3D is my main art and isn't so hard to make symmetrical. You can also see where I got impatient towards the end and scribbled the minigun in and didn't clean up the legs.

The idea is that the player will be running and hiding from Nyx's minions in an attempt to defeat or escape them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:41:28 AM by Sensenmann » Logged
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »

Doing the menu stuff. Waiting for dspencer to get all the Unity stuff together, so we know what we want to get done first. Him being almost half-way around the world makes it slightly harder to co-ordinate.
AlexDJones
Level 0

Dough-faced wonderchild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »

Very intriguing concept.

And I can empathise with your position of being half way around the world from the other half of a two man team completely.
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

Thanks. Things are worse now sort of. My other team mate has left as he really needs to focus on other stuff at the moment. It's a mixed blessing; I have to do coding too now, but I can also take whatever direction I want, making workflow and designing smoother.

As such I have made adjustments to the premise, for I was thinking the other day that it would be cooler if the ship was a colony.
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »

Getting started on the coding. Looking at a near blank page is offputting, so I'm writing out the logical stuff in pseudo-code sort of stuff (writing variables on and off when these variables do nothing yet if they meet conditions).
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 02:38:18 AM »

Friday 10th December 2010

Here we go: Week 3 Screeny 1

Here is what we think the ghosts shall look like at the moment. I haven't really given them much thought until now, as I've been focussing on other aspects of the plot.

Still working on coding. Making the reload stand out from other games with a more complex (yet still mostly autonomous) system, which will force players to think before reloading willy-nilly.

Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »

Saker's a busy man. I shall post some of his work he has approved for me to post.
The gun for we have decided that for time reasons there can be only one.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic