Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:51:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Ghosts&Makers]Where's My Pickaxe?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [Ghosts&Makers]Where's My Pickaxe?  (Read 7935 times)
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »

Scroll down for new stuff!

Me and Arkthalohs' web log. Here we will post stuff. And stuff WILL be posted - Yes. So vote for us, as in, don't vote to kick us out, and we will bring you the heavenly rains of awesomeness you were for so long anticipating. This we promise, or so smite me Zeus with his most electrifying purple bolt of redemption.

Story: Not sure yet. Will probably revolve around mythology. Also you have a certain amount of ghost power you can use to levitate, go through walls, or possess people. It might work.

Here's some purple I've been working on. Hopefully it's not a deadly bolt of redemption color kind of purple, but I'm not so sure yet. Here's what I've done so far:

All of it is 16X16. Very beta player sprite there, but it's kind of cute so I might stick with it anyway. Screenshots will come later.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:16:33 PM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »

Some more stuff...I didn't like the arms on the player, so that's gone, but everything else seems to be staying thus far:

Walk      Jump      Stand

- Lava animation (water is practically the same)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:57:50 PM by Poris » Logged

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »

Must be getting out of shape...That was so hard to do...

I'm not even going to THINK about doing the other sides. Ever.

And some HUD work:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:23:21 PM by Poris » Logged

Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »

I like it! :D

I wanna see where this one is going for sure!
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »

Hey thanks man Smiley Good luck too!

Some 3X magic and a background:

Minotaurs are evil:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:59:37 AM by Poris » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »

Any ideas on gameplay?
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »

Also you have a certain amount of ghost power you can use to levitate, go through walls, or possess people. It might work.

Something like that. You have to use your powers to get to the end of each level.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »

Oh, so it's level-based. Got it! Will you get new powers over time? Temporary power-ups?
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »

I have not thought about these things yet. I don't think temporary powerups are a good idea, but we'll see. You're referring to something like the super star in Mario, right?

I also am not sure of the role of enemies in the game yet. Most likely they will just take away health or ghost power (perhaps maybe both) so that it's harder to complete the level if you hit enemies (eventually becoming impossible).

I can see this becoming procedurally generated as well, because going through walls would allow the levels to be a lot more possible. We'll have to see.

I heard the story is coming along well from my partner but I haven't heard a line of it yet so I cannot affirm it.

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »

Got some basic engine action going on there. Still must make the background 2X (got lazy with my images yesterday) and actually put the player sprite there.

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:15:13 PM »

Got everything to work properly! Now on to do some ghost powers, I think.

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 08:02:03 AM »

Working on new tileset:

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »

That one looks much better than the old one! Is it a replacement, or another level?
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 01:59:14 PM »

Really? I thought the first one was better, I certainly spent more time on that one. Anyway, thanks, very nice of you to say. The style should be about the same, no?

To answer your question, the idea is to have a couple of different settings, so this won't be replacing that first one, it'll just be another kind of 'world.'

Here's a little update:

How embarrassing, my shading was...stupid.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:06:12 PM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

The other one was a lot less interesting to look at; the top layer was very geometric, and the inner pattern was really repetitive. This one just looks a lot nicer, because it isn't as busy.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 02:22:02 PM »

I will keep that in mind; perhaps removing the random lines from the middle and adding something else instead will help. Thank you for your support Smiley

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »

ONE:

or TWO:

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »

Two.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »

I might have gotten carried away...a bit. It's pretty nice in my opinion though, so far.

Quote from: Arkthaloh
Yeah. I've spent two days on a conversation engine. It works. I'm happy with it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:10:43 PM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »

Some of Arkthaloh's work. Just a teaser, really. It might be all that you get in the story before the game though, so read up!

Code:
The Oligarchy’s risen.
The Minotaur will fall.
Then forgotten one imprisons
The God who runs it all.

A powerful new weapon,
May lead the way to peace,
Even as the dead one,
Walks the way to seize.

The Earth is lost in crashes,
And youthful death is nigh,
A hero walks from ashes,
Upon the hills so high.

To keep the old Death living,
And life in rightful place,
He does not show forgiving,
In his bright, but ghostly face.

The Oligarchy’s fallen,
The Minotaur returns.
Death is yet returned again,
And still the hero burns.

The powerful new weapon,
Will light his merry way,
To have his death undone,
And end his epic stay.

But the story is not over,
The Ghosts will rise again.
The Ancients will be slower,
To take their bloody gain.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic