Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:39:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Ghosts&Makers]Where's My Pickaxe?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Ghosts&Makers]Where's My Pickaxe?  (Read 7933 times)
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »

Sorry for no updates, in vacation in Sweden with crap internetz. Here is a progress thing and what we've done so far (still got a LOT to do):

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9805/progressfu.png

Huge image:

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 04:17:48 PM »

In-Game Screenshot

Because I'm forced to post an image, I'll post this screenshot. I haven't yet added grass, unfortunately, but there it is, for now:

I'll really, really, really, try to get some more work done. Really.

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
Arkthalohs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

I've gotten a number of things working. NPCs now work and their conversations are integrated into the engine.

Also, they can give you missions. I have one of the types of missions working and playable.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »

Finally got the grass to work. It was harder than you'd think.

Also we got HUMANS, POSSESION, GHOST POWER, MISSIONS, AND MORE working, and by "we" I mean Arkthalohs.

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »

Yup, back to uninteresting. I could say that I did it on purpose because being in the city sucks (it does) so a tileset that sucks should reflect that but no, that's just a silly excuse. In reality I just suck at pixel art.

Parking must be a nightmare.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:24:04 PM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »

Real-Game Screenshot

Mockup Conversation

Another mockup
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:03:01 AM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »

Real-Game Screenshot: Conversation

A ghost smasher

Now animated -
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:06:54 PM by Daniel Seabra » Logged

Kit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »

REALLY DIGGIN' the minimalist sprite design, they're fantastic.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Not diggin' the little square guys or the conversation font, but that's just me being picky.

Can't wait to see what this turns into.  Kiss

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »

Thanks man! It really means a lot. Makes me really happy that after two years of practice pixelling is finally working out :D

I think both of those sprites are temporary. I kind of like the 0_0 sprites though. It makes it funny for me.

Anyway, real screenshot, conversation:

It's like Mass Effect. You choose Hello but you might end up saying, "Hello, my name is Brian. How may I help you?" The general idea stays the same but it is longer.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic