Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:25:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingITT: Possible Game Stories
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: ITT: Possible Game Stories  (Read 10296 times)
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »

but the dev-team of castlevania is excessively lazy

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »

I love games (and other entertainment and literature) whose true plot is a mask for some moral or philosophical quirk influencing the whole thing, like Portal's heavy psychological elements, and other games like Bioshock and somesuch.

The setting: a Earth has become futuristic utopia, but at the cost of individual freedom. You awake from stasis; you're one of the first time travelers - people stored cryogenically intended to be revived centuries in the future - to be woken from your slumber. You explore this flawless place where nearly no crimes are committed and nearly all labor is automated. But once you start to look deeper into the system's workings you uncover a government infested with corruption and inhumane punishments for the most minor of felonies. But as soon as you attempt to reveal to anyone your findings, you're captured by the android police force and unable to do anything more for the remainder of that save file but watch your character suffer horrible torcher.

RCIX
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 12:43:58 AM »

How about this:

You are a rich man who heads a prominent foundry business, but you've come under a lawsuit for cutting one too many corners. You can dump your personal wealth into defending the company and end up getting fired and be broke (so some sort of tycoon game where you start with tons of money but have to burn it all just not to lose), or try and burn rubber to some foreign country and get caught along the way (i guess a stealth game of some kind).
pixhead
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »

The setting: a Earth has become futuristic utopia, but at the cost of individual freedom. You awake from stasis; you're one of the first time travelers - people stored cryogenically intended to be revived centuries in the future - to be woken from your slumber. You explore this flawless place where nearly no crimes are committed and nearly all labor is automated. But once you start to look deeper into the system's workings you uncover a government infested with corruption and inhumane punishments for the most minor of felonies. But as soon as you attempt to reveal to anyone your findings, you're captured by the android police force and unable to do anything more for the remainder of that save file but watch your character suffer horrible torcher.

that would end really well with a giant robot fight.

Anyways heres mine I apologize in advance for the length:
Once a human dies their body must be transported to the Sea of Souls to pass on into the afterlife. There is a legend of a man whos wife had died. He would not accept it and vowed to bring her back. Ignoring the warnings that he who enter's the sea of souls will lose their being, he still went inside to find his wife and bring her back but lost himself never to find a way out. Almost 500 years after the legend lost souls and monsters begin to pour out of the sea of souls. The first half of the game follows the main characters, all people who had lost their loved ones, who go to find the cause of them returning and stop it so they all can rest in peace. The antagonist is the man from the legend, along with his wife he aims to stop death. To defeat him the band of heroes must kill his body then his soul inside the sea of souls. After defeating his living body they must enter the sea of souls. Once they enter they see it has been vastly corrupted, monster's roam the country side, and many of the souls grow evil intentions. Most frightening is that the antagonist has built a castle to dwell in. This castle is the cause of the corruption. Once the protagonist' enter the castle they learn the main cause of the corruption is the antagonist' wifes soul. The reason being is that the sea of souls was created as the ultimate resting place. As long as the souls are not resting the sea of souls will constantly correct itself, but the more it corrects itself the corrupted it will become along with it's inhabitants. After the protagonist destroy the antagonist the wife begs for them to send her to him. Even though it seemed crazy they knew her suffering would just cause further suffering. So they kill her soul. With the sea of souls cleansed the monsters vanish and all the lost souls return. The game ends with the main character's death. He returns to the sea of souls to be with his wife forever.

I plan on making an RPG eventually if so this will be the plot
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 06:45:47 AM »

The player takes the role of a college professor (who is a duck) and has to film a documentary down in the bayous of Louisiana on an awkwardly-placed Aztec temple. When I mean awkwardly-placed, I mean, "What the eff is a pyramid doing down here?"

I plan on making a point-'n-click adventure eventually. If so, this will be the plot.
Wankman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »

The Matrix: without the suckage
A Game kind of like matrix but instead of the protaganist girl being that flat-chested ugly trinity the girl has like mega-size clevage through-out the entire story (she might be flat in the real world but as soon as she's inside of the matrix she has like really milky juggs).

Let's all go to the snack-bar: The Game
It starts out with that ad for buying snacks at cinema (common in the US, not so common in EU) where a soda, a popcorn-box and a hotdog sings a tune, but this time in the middle of the tune hotdog says "you know what?!? we ALWAYS goes to the snack-bar, and I'm fking sick of it, today we are going to SPPPPPRRRIIIINNG BREAK DAYTONA BEACH BABY!!",
then you go on a epic roadtrip of where you need to score one chick in each US-state and 'soda' tries to steal as many panties as possible without getting caught by the police.
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »

Ok, so you are a Lolcat in a world of peril. The society is at it's lowest. The top of the pyramid are the rulers of all! You were serfing the interned and when suddenly you are kidnapped by some renegades! It turns out that 34 years ago, the father you never knew tried to expose the evil doings of the ruling class by exposing their limitless supply of biscuits. He posted a poster saying 'I can has cheeseburger' witch was a hidden code saying "I, Cat Alpha, Now Have Activated the Saturation Constructonator. He that Eats Everything Sane let him hear! BURGER!" You must find out what are the plans of the ruling cats and how will they fully enslave the population! You must find out what BURGER really means!

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »

You are dead.

Through circumstances beyond your control, your death has been ruled a suicide, not only by the people in life, but by the rulers of the afterlife, and as punishment you are forced to watch the video footage of your death and its impact on the people in your life for the rest of eternity. By using logical fallacies inside of the recordings, such as items moving around off-camera and characters making statements contrary to their true motives, you need to prove to the court of the afterlife that you did not kill yourself, and expose the actual murderer before he strikes again.

And then you fight a giant robot.
Wankman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 04:24:51 AM »

You are dead.

Through circumstances beyond your control, your death has been ruled a suicide, not only by the people in life, but by the rulers of the afterlife, and as punishment you are forced to watch the video footage of your death and its impact on the people in your life for the rest of eternity. By using logical fallacies inside of the recordings, such as items moving around off-camera and characters making statements contrary to their true motives, you need to prove to the court of the afterlife that you did not kill yourself, and expose the actual murderer before he strikes again.

And then you fight a giant robot.

Could work as a short-story with gameplay "phoenix attorney"-style.
Needs more clevage tho.
Renton
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »

Are you for real?
tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »

If we're getting weird with it:

You're a cop, on a special task force in a city in Kansas. Your main responsibility is to take down a sudden outbreak of 'Mad Scientists'. Lunatics with a sudden and inexplicable grasp of complicated science and engineering principles and no apparent connection to one another.

You have a gun, which represents 'easy mode'. If you use it, someone dies. One shot. But the key is, you want to take these guys alive because they're sick, not evil. Discover the true source of the epidemic, tame a mutant cat, dodge ray guns, save hostages!

The game could be isometric, tactics style. You can deliver orders to hostages to solve puzzles and outwit the Mad.

IThe game's main mini-game is filling out police paperwork: WITH STYLE.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
N'graugt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

The name is Ignok Ropel, but he insists that his name is lame and that people call him "Ig", "Iggy", or "Bernard". He is a watchmaker and as such, he loves the way a clock sounds when it's working, and hates it when the world lacks the ticking tones. He is blind, and these "ticks" (as well as "tocks") allow you to use his acute sense of hearing to make out where he is, and where things are that the sounds bounce off of (such as tiny cogs, springs, etcetera), which all ring against the ticking and tocking sounds. This would allow him to fix, or even create new clocks, which would help sharpen his senses, allowing you to "see" even better.

tl;dr, blind man's puzzle-music thingamadoodle.
----------------------------------------------------------
You are a squid in a jar on a bipedal spider tank, and you are traversing the desert, talking to cacti and purchasing their delicious ichor to refuel your tank and ensure you don't dry out on your pilgrimage from one beach to another for the annual soggy cake convention. Not all is well, however, as you must defend your cake from tribals with confetti blasters, misleading signs, funny noises, and outright shenanigans to distract them for long enough so you can make an escape. Your bipedial spider tank as a big rubber nose on it, because your real job is that you are a clown. Use your wits to chicken out, and escape to freedom!
----------------------------------------------------------
You are a two story building currently hosting the most sicknasty party ever. Durring the course of this party, the party god has decided to grant you arms and legs, and the power to combine yourself with other houses so that you can host an even bigger party, picking up partygoers and the like as you rock your way to becoming the true host of the biggest and best party this side of existence. Be wary, however, as there are some people who don't want to party and just want to go home, go to sleep, and continue their dull lives. Convert them to wild-partyism with killer dance moves and all the charm of a schoolbus full of rockstars as you party your way to become the ultimate party!

Money would increase with every bunch of people you convert, which can be used to refill your alcohol content and purchase upgrades like rockstars and flashing lights to party to oblivion.

If you want, there could also be the option to dance, rock, or fight your way to victory against other house parties had at the same time and gain a new story as well as resources to keep your party lasting.

The point of the game is to party hard, and don't stop ever.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:40:07 PM by Mortimire » Logged
Wankman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »

You are a squid in a jar on a bipedal spider tank, and you are traversing the desert, talking to cacti and purchasing their delicious ichor to refuel your tank and ensure you don't dry out on your pilgrimage from one beach to another for the annual soggy cake convention. Not all is well, however, as you must defend your cake from tribals with confetti blasters, misleading signs, funny noises, and outright shenanigans to distract them for long enough so you can make an escape. Your bipedial spider tank as a big rubber nose on it, because your real job is that you are a clown. Use your wits to chicken out, and escape to freedom!
I'm quite new to this forum so tell me am I missing a certain understanding of the humor/culture on this forum?
like is there anyone who thinks the posts like the above has even a hint of humor in it? yet the entire thread is filled with them so I guess someone must find them hilarious.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »

I'm quite new to this forum so tell me am I missing a certain understanding of the humor/culture on this forum?
like is there anyone who thinks the posts like the above has even a hint of humor in it? yet the entire thread is filled with them so I guess someone must find them hilarious.

Randomness, my dear sidekick. That's where most of our humor comes from.
N'graugt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »

Randomness, my dear sidekick. That's where most of our humor comes from.

I wasn't paying attention to humor, really. Just wanted something that sounded like something fun to play. Any humor in there is secondary to it's true purpose. Like a bonus cherry on top of a sundae from that hot ice cream chick, or something. I dunno.
pixhead
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

You are a squid in a jar...
Just read through the thread. Some of them are serious and legitimate ideas, mine was at least.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

Mine was up until fighting a giant robot, which I only added because it's like this topic's running gag or something.
Neight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »

If we're getting weird with it:

You're a cop, on a special task force in a city in Kansas. Your main responsibility is to take down a sudden outbreak of 'Mad Scientists'. Lunatics with a sudden and inexplicable grasp of complicated science and engineering principles and no apparent connection to one another.

That's probably us, since we're in a city in Kansas, and we're pretty mad. Thanks for the heads up that they're out to get us.  Blink Blink

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »

You are a God and the wrestlers have turned too strong so you must slam each one individually before their egos consume YOU.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
euanc
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »

First post, here comes the great wall of text...

In the year 2104 in an attempt to establish world peace once and for all after a third world war comes close to wiping out humanity, 31 of the largest nations on earth agree to scrap their individual governmental systems and form a collective public. From that point on all people are equal in all ways, with decisions being made by consensus of the general public and everything being "owned" by the collective of humankind rather than an individual person or the government. Any anomalies in the system were quickly removed by a force of "peacekeepers" known as overwatch police. The society functions in relative peace until 2117 when a small group of resistance fighters form an organised rebellion and attempt to reinstate ownership of their belongings. The true destructive nature of mankind rears its head once again, and 13 years of repressed violence erupts in an all out war between commoners and peacekeeper officials. The situation quickly escalates, with the resistance movement growing larger by the hour and major logistical facilities being liberated. The situation comes to a climax when the resistance march on the overwatch bastion. Faced with certain annihilation, they resort to using the ultimate 3rd war bioweapon that was secretly preserved in anticipation of this eventuality by the old government. The bioweapon will consume human organic matter within seconds and use it to reproduce. The weapon is released into the air, and all of mankind save for the few thousand overwatch chosen to survive is wiped out.

In the game, you play as a high ranking overwatch official. For the first part, you are retreating back to the Bastion. At the point when you reach it, one of the characters you fight with throughout the first part starts a consensus to use the old weapon. Your character agrees at first, but as he sees the entire of civilization being wiped out in front of his eyes, he starts to realize the ramifications of his actions.
At this point you chose to go rogue and the game becomes open world survival in a world were people are moreorless non existent.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic