Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:11:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMinitroid (Tech Demo)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Minitroid (Tech Demo)  (Read 31644 times)
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

If you tap left and right while Samus is in the air she does a badass pirouette!

=D
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »

Man, this controls sooo nicely Well, hello there!... How did you go about making the map? Is it all 1 giant layout, or is it seperate ones... and did you use seperate objects/tiled sprite objects for the... well, tiles? Haven't beaten it yet... I got up to the foggy cave part.

Overall, great work!  What I love the most about this is how it feels satisfying to shoot stuff. The way the screen shakes puntuates enemy deaths so well. The animation on the sprites are cute, and the music is pretty awesome too.

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »

Small bug:

If you enlarge the window, start playing then return to the title screen F2 and F3 enlarges it even more.

Kramlack
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »

Issues I have;

- Can't jump while charging (running right). I assume this is a bug since you can when you run left.

- Having Samus fall down slightly on doors placed on the floor. If I'm running to another door across the hallway, I don't want to get stuck on a small ledge for a sec because Samus fell down onto a door.

Overall, nothing too serious. It's a fantastic game otherwise, and I can't wait for the finished version!
slembcke
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 05:44:59 AM »

Issues I have;

- Can't jump while charging (running right). I assume this is a bug since you can when you run left.

It's quite possible that it's your keyboard. Certain keyboards can't detect certain sets of keys pressed at the same time.

Scott - Howling Moon Software Chipmunk Physics Library - A fast and lightweight 2D physics engine.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »

Issues I have;

It's quite possible that it's your keyboard. Certain keyboards can't detect certain sets of keys pressed at the same time.

Try using a gamepad.

destiny is truth pre-op
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011, 07:32:56 AM »

Issues I have;

Try using a gamepad.
Does this game even have gamepad support?

Otherwise it works great, my only complaint is the lack of automap, and that rolling jumps are kinda floaty and hard to control.

edit:
when using the gamepad, I can't use F1-F3 to change the size of the screen for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:39:06 AM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
Kramlack
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2011, 07:35:13 AM »

I don't have a gamepad, but it could easily be checked out by someone else, no? If anyone else is having this problem then it's the game, if not, then it's me.

I just wanted to point it out, that's all.  Shrug
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »

Can Construct not do fullscreen?  The window is so tiny on my display.
Construct can do fullscreen and scaled Windows pretty easily and well.

In this game th F keys do change the size of the window, but there is no proper fullscreen mode.  I only mention because the only other Construct game I've played is konjak's Iconoclasts, which also had a wonky/non-working fullscreen mode.

/loves fullscreen gaming

@doomlaser, mark johns
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »

Well, you can run the .cap files in fullscreen, but it doesn't work for smaller resolutions very well... especially if you have a giant monitor. You can also add a maximize and minimize button on the window, but whenever I've done that with my construct stuff, sometimes it causes some objects to fall through the ground for some reason...

I'm assuming that's why he didn't do fullscreen.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

Wooa I love this game! :D I haven't played much though, probably tonight I'll have some more time

SirEel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »

Great demo, I really loved the boss.

I did find two bugs though. If you charge up your beam, and look up then release up and shoot at around the same time, sometimes the beam will shoot horizontally from the still-raised tip of your gun.

The other bug is if you drop through a vertical door and shoot it while the closing animation is still playing (drop through holding up and spamming shoot) it will appear to open, but still act as an obstacle!

Can't wait to see the finished product.
LordAndrew
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »

Cry
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »

It's weird, I had no expectations but felt disappointed at first by the demo. I think it's like I was expecting "more" than Metroid, which is kind of silly of me because it's advertised as "Mini" troid. It delivers all the basic gameplay pretty well and plays and handles pretty much like a 2D Metroid game, so I can't really fault it there, and as I played more I got into it, but I kept running into a LOT of low framerates, even in empty rooms.

I really want a map. I got lost Sad

I see two "fuck-you" points in the green area, also. When traversing along the upper-right tunnels towards the boss there's a place with spikes below and a man-eating plant above. I see no possible way to avoid the plant, so I have to get hurt and use missiles every time, and there aren't many opportunities to recover health or missiles in that area. As well, my strategy for getting through the eye-door to the boss was to stand there firing and soaking up hits, because it looked impossible to shoot at the open eye without taking damage. The boss himself wasn't nearly as bad, after a few tries I got to "homeostasis" and then it was just a bit repetitive.

Anyway, best of luck getting it to completion Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic