Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:39:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 4 - 4-7 February, Cambridge [ SOLD OUT ]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 4 - 4-7 February, Cambridge [ SOLD OUT ]  (Read 77791 times)
Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »

I've been pretty ill most of this week, and was starting to doubt if I'd be well in time for it, but it seems I will.

Me too.  I have had a stinking cold that only eased off this morning.  I was terrified that I would have to choose between dropping out and being Patient Zero...

Working on Noir Past Mistakes Noir and looking for an artist
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »

So I'll be in London aroun 3pm and I guess it will take a bit more than half an hour to get to Cambridge?

increpare
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »

Will there be any room to place a monitor down? I guess most, if not all, are bringing laptops? I don't have a laptop, but was planning on bringing a mac mini, so all I need space for is a monitor and keyboard + mouse.
We can *possibly* fit you in if that's the best you have BUT PLEASE NO ONE ELSE.

So I'll be in London aroun 3pm and I guess it will take a bit more than half an hour to get to Cambridge?
About an hour
Gwinnell
Level 0

A C/C++ guy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:21 AM »

I'll be leaving work (Soho) at 6:15; probably be there at... 8?

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2011, 03:09:17 AM »

I'm in the Eurostar!

chrisjan
Level 0

Serial jammer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »

Good morning!  First to arrive to CB2 heheheeeeee!  Hacking some actionscript...

Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2011, 03:30:11 AM »

I'm going to have some lunch and set out for Cambridge after eating.  I'm looking to be there between four and six.  I.e. early, but not so early that I can't get the cheap rate on parking at the station.  Before that though, some questions...

How late do people usually stay?  I assume midnight, but how awful would it look if I were to sneak out at about 10pm so I can see my wife and daughter before they head off to bed?

How warm is CB2?  Should I bring a jumper and thermal underwear or would it be best to dress light so that I am not cluttering up the workspace when I have to take it all off?

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:18 AM »

How late do people usually stay?  I assume midnight, but how awful would it look if I were to sneak out at about 10pm so I can see my wife and daughter before they head off to bed?

Whilst there are likely to be some of us working right up till CB2 closes (so, midnight) it will probably be deing down significantly before then.  People come and go as they please, certainly no-one will frown at you for leaving early.

How warm is CB2?  Should I bring a jumper and thermal underwear or would it be best to dress light so that I am not cluttering up the workspace when I have to take it all off?

I don't recall it being particularly cold in there, even with heavy snow outside.  I'm planning on wearing unlayered tshirts (but I like feeling cool, if you prefer to be toasty a bonus layer might be wise).

Getting my stuff together now, then I'll begin the long old trek from Oxford, not particularly in the mood for an extended coach ride, but ah well, needs must.

Wyzfen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2011, 03:53:32 AM »

I'm going to have some lunch and set out for Cambridge after eating.  I'm looking to be there between four and six.  I.e. early, but not so early that I can't get the cheap rate on parking at the station.  Before that though, some questions...
There's usually some parking in norfolk road near cb2 - it costs 20p / 15min for up to 2hrs, until 5pm (then it's free). I'll be parking there about 3:45. To get to the street (which is one way), you're best going to the set of lights at st matthew's street and following it to the end (norfolk road - the road cb2 is on)

it's entirely up to you - i'll be heading off about 8 tonight. The burgers at cb2 look quite good, if i werent going home to a home-cooked meal Wink

dress normally? it's a nice ambient temperature - no one really wears jackets inside, and i've never seen anyone in shorts. They have plenty of heaters if you're desperate. There's usually enough room to dump your outdoor-layers somewhere.

Wyzfen
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »

Is there a Burger King around the London station? I'll need to eat before taking the train for Cambridge... we don't have burger king in France, I need meat!!!

Also, if someone can get me a joypad, that would be helpful.

Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:03 AM »

Also, if someone can get me a joypad, that would be helpful.

Okay, I have packed my trusty Logitech Wingman Precision.  It's no Xbox 360 controller, but it should be better than nothing. 

Daveoh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2011, 04:27:57 AM »

Is there a Burger King around the London station? I'll need to eat before taking the train for Cambridge... we don't have burger king in France, I need meat!!!

There is one at King's Cross station, which I assume is the station you mean?
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2011, 04:32:26 AM »

I'll need R and L buttons. I guess it s standard anyway. Thanks!

I found a burger king on Google map :D
 Hand Fork Left Evil  Hand Knife Right

Davoh yes thanks!

increpare
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2011, 04:35:43 AM »

CB2 can get quite warm when it's packed with people.
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »

Just got on the 12:45 out of Kings Cross - should be there in a little over an hour Smiley

increpare
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2011, 04:49:59 AM »

See you soon Smiley
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2011, 05:52:17 AM »

Im in the burger king now. They need to kill another beef to feed me.

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »

Heading off now(ish). Should be there by 7:00.

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2011, 06:14:09 AM »

On-route in an over-warm X5 coach.  ETA 1730, time to stop using my laptop before I start feeling properly travel sick.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2011, 06:32:17 AM »

I'll take the 14h45 train from London.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic