Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:16:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFridge (Previously GADZOOKS!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fridge (Previously GADZOOKS!)  (Read 991 times)
N'graugt
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »

Small testgame made in Multimedia Fusion to sort of flex my arms and see what I hit in the process. Currently have collisions down and everything is running about as smoothly as the game can get. The overview of the story is as follows.
You're a professor, right? Well. Where you are, it's really, REALLY cold. So, after you get sick of dealing with being frostbitten, you get up off your lazy, scientific arse and go crank the thermostat up to 90. Unfortunately, shit hits the fan and the security bots are suddenly on your arse, as well as the arses of your co-workers. Armed with your GADZOOKA, a bazooka that shoots a metal slug that creates the Discworld's first, harmless explosion, you've set out to cause as little damage as you can, while dodging crazy robots trying to kill you. Probably for trying to touch the thermostat, and not because you have one of The Deep Ones locked in an enormous freezer. Nope. Not at all.

It's a comedic horror, in that it'll have some pretty pitch-black humor. Lighting will probably suck from time to time, too.

Gameplay should play something like being a Soldier in TF2. Shoot all over the place, then shoot at your feet to fly in the air and reach previously unattainable heights.

The main character: Professor Agrius "Fachov" (Thanks to Kevin, who gave me the base of something better to work with(Read: This running sprite here).)

To do list before a solid demo:
+Code
-Robots
-Up and down aiming directions for Fachov
-Non-destructive explosion
-Dialog
-Main Menu
-NPCs that follow you about
-Little Beginning Cutscene
+Music
+Graphics
-Goofy NPCs
-Different Robot Types
-Short, dorky little animations to illustrate emotions
-Face Sets
-Sciencey-Lab Backgrounds/Tiles

AND THEN THERE WAS ART!

Changelog:
1/8/2011
+Added Knight Gal Statue
+Fixed the Blue Robots' widdle wegs.
+Added the new floor tiles, debating if I should shitcan the other ones.
+Added two new screens
+Added Boxhead Medic
+Added some funny helmets for the robots.
+Added a funny helmet for the guards.
+Moving poses for Sargent Anthrope with the pistol.
+Hurt poses for Fachov

I'll do my best to keep you good folks updated on the progress. Hell, may toss up some graphics from time to time.

Cheers, mates.  Beer!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:46:26 AM by Mortimire » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic