Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411909 Posts in 69429 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 09, 2024, 11:09:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Crawl (procedurally generated dungeon crawl using Flixel)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Crawl (procedurally generated dungeon crawl using Flixel)  (Read 1811 times)
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »

The Crawl is a procedurally generating dungeon crawl game with 420 treasures to find.

It uses the awesome Eddie Lee's FlxCaveGenerator (http://illogictree.com/), as well as FlxPathFinding.

The way it works is the game is free to play but if you want the source code it costs $2 USD.

The first five people in the world to find all 420 treasures without dying receive a prize pack with a badge, stickers and a certificate.

Play it now: http://www.initialscommand.com/crawl/

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:54:51 AM »

I tried it. Was ok, but nothing I'd waste my time on at length... Maybe if you added some power-ups or something?
Feral_P
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:36:30 AM »

I haven't played it, but I like your payment model Wink
You might want to add some pictures and expand the first post if you want to attract more people to play.
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:23:03 AM »

Top image: found the bug with monsters fleeing if you dig diagonally.
Bottom image: got stuck there. Not feeling like playing the game again.

Overall, average game - not much exciting, dungeon generator is below average (dungeons do not look like dungeons, and objects can be enclosed in wall sections.

I hope you will improve it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic