Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:21:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPixel Kingdom
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Kingdom  (Read 3505 times)
Conker534
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:53:53 AM »

Pixel Kingdom is Top Down Adventure Game. You complete unlimited amounts of randomly generated dungeons to earn gold, find items, or to level up. You can go to the market place where you can spend that hard earned gold on items, armors, weapons, pets, ect.  You can also play online with other friends and trade, duel, and even do dungeons together. There will be a level system. It will inpact the game greatly, it will be the thing dungeons check before generating, it will allow certain items to wear. you will be stronger. Of course you can't really do ANY of this until I release the game, and seeing as I don't have a release date it could be a while.

How Dungeons work:[/b]
Well when you first head into a dungeon it checks your level, then it generates enemies to have stats to make the dungeon challenging, but not impossible. It then sends you into the intro room, where you have one last chance to leave without dying, or completing the dungeon. Once you head in you will have to do a certain amount of floors, based on your level. Then a boss battle. Then your out with everything you earned in it. If you die, sadly you will lose everything on your character, but you will keep your XP.

How the Town works:

You go in with gold, and buy crap. :D

How Multiplayer works:
Idk I haven't ever done multiplayer, it may not even be in the game when its launched. But I plan to add it.

Ask questions! Leave comments and feedback! :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:54:58 PM by Conker534 » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:46:28 AM »

that screenshot alone reminds me a lot of phubans's game:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3402/tigl01.png
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »

I like the title, it really drew me to this topic actually. Mind explaining the gameplay?
Conker534
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »

Sure. Pixel Kingdom is a Fantasy Adventure type game. When you first start you will customize your charater. (or not, idk yet) then you will be put into the world. The gameplay is like LoZ for GBA and such. Use the arrow keys to move and spacebar to attack. I don't have much but i'm trying :D
MaloEspada
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »

Eh seeing as I don't want to be labled a rip-off person i'm doing the graphics over. I didn't copy anything but turns out my art looked like his. I'm still making this game so don't delete this topic please. :D

i just felt it looked similar enough, not that i meant you rip-offed him or something like that : )
i hope you will forgive me if you saw that as an insult.

also, arrows + spacebar seems a bit odd for controls. why not try Z or X for attack?
Conker534
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »

Eh seeing as I don't want to be labled a rip-off person i'm doing the graphics over. I didn't copy anything but turns out my art looked like his. I'm still making this game so don't delete this topic please. :D

i just felt it looked similar enough, not that i meant you rip-offed him or something like that : )
i hope you will forgive me if you saw that as an insult.

also, arrows + spacebar seems a bit odd for controls. why not try Z or X for attack?
Its all good! :D
Yeah Z seems more natural.

Well listen to this idea. I might not make this game have a story, Imagine this, Your at the title screen, selecting single player because multi is buggy as hell(jk lol) and you start outside a dungeon.(actually tutorial, character design, then dungeon) Your a level 1. You go to the left of the dungeon and there is a market place where you can buy food and items and such, but you don't have money.. Ooh looks like you got some starter gear. Alright its time to go do that dungeon, You head in. Once you get in the dungeon you cannot leave. So your stuck doing dungeon puzzles, gaining exp, killing all the monsters. Well looks like you did the objective for F1, time to move up to F2, then so on. Last floor, omg a big boss! :D, after completion you spend your level up points on stats and go buy some better gear! When you head back to the dungeon its completely different! Because i'll make them randomly generate based on your level! :D so you beat that and decide to save and quit. Later on your friend joe calls you up saying to play this, your like alright and you log on, he's level 4 and your level 2, to bad your in his world so it generates for his level. but hey, you get some nice XP. He gives you some gear and food and you guys are off to dungeon! After dungeoning you save and leave, and go to single player. All your items you earned, and XP is still with you! Yay. :D

Summary:
Generated Dungeoning Game

Sound awesome?! :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:50:18 PM by Conker534 » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 07:40:20 PM »

That actually sounds pretty nice. Randomly generated stuff is always fun.
Conker534
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:45:51 PM »

http://pixelkingdom.webs.com/
.webs till its actually finished. I'm no website designer so don't laugh to hard.

That actually sounds pretty nice. Randomly generated stuff is always fun.
Thanks! I think it will turn out good :D
Conker534
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »

Updated main post with a new screenshot! :D
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »

that screenshot alone reminds me a lot of phubans's game:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3402/tigl01.png

Uh... Yeah... WTF?

Conker534
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:20:18 PM »

Don't worry I don't even have them anymore I just have the screen shot up until I post up the new ones.

Edit:
Its gone. Sorry if your mad i swear i didn't deliberately copy you. O.O
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:26:26 PM by Conker534 » Logged
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:14 PM »

Haha, no, it's okay... I was just surprised. I don't think you did it intentionally. I just literally thought that screen was from my game when I first saw it and had to do a double-take. Maybe you were subconsciously influenced? Or maybe games that look like this are now "en vogue" in the collective super-conscious? I saw quite a few games with this kind of look at TIGJam... I thought everyone was copying me, but it was just "coincidence" if you will...  Wizard

Conker534
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

Maybe you were subconsciously influenced?

Yeah, man. Happens to me a lot. Argh! lol

Edit:
Thinking of changing the name to Dot Dungeon... Sound bad?  Concerned
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:21:30 PM by Conker534 » Logged
Conker534
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »

Dot Dungeon sounds fine... Reminds me of 3D Dot Game Heroes or whatever... What about Pixel Palace? Both names have already been used though, and Dot Dungeon is an (upcoming?) PSP game:

http://www.vgreleases.com/PSP/ReleaseDate-827820.aspx

I like the look of what you have so far, though... It looks a bit on the "naive" side of pixel art, but for some reason that lends it some charm Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Conker534
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »

Thanks XD

I'll just stick with PK then.
Conker534
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »

Gamepads will works with this now. Smiley
Conker534
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Smiley

Today I got so much friggin work done. Smiley

I'll cover everything I got done so far!

First off, I made HP visible, through a heart, the heart gets darker and darker, according to the HP you still have. Its kinda cool, i'll make a health bar under it eventually. Also, I made a little GUI, Its not much, but i'll get to pixeling a good one.

Next, Leveling and XP.
When you kill a monster, XP drops. Its up to you to run over and pick it up. I made 5 levels so far.

Working on items now. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic