Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:49:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGladiator Manager
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gladiator Manager  (Read 2594 times)
seppos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:04:56 AM »

Hi, it would be great to get some feedback about my game Gladiator Manager.

Direct link to installation package: http://www.seppos.net/gladiator/GladiatorManagerDemo11.exe

Here is short description of the game ( for more info please visit game's web page http://www.seppos.net/gladiator/ ) :

In Gladiator Manager you get a team of gladiators to your command in a world of sword and sorcery. Your mission is to lead your team from the lowly fourth division to the Championship. The game is a mix of strategy, role-playing and manager games. There can be one to four players in the same game, each managing own team of gladiators. Gladiators in this game are not your ordinary Roman ones. You can hire for example extremely strong and mean minotaurs or spell casting druids to your team!

System requirements:

Gladiator Manager is a small game and works in any computer that has one of the following operating systems: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP or Vista.
Note for Vista installation: Right click the installation package and select "Run as Administrator".

And finally couple of screenshots ( more can be found from http://www.seppos.net/gladiator/gmScreenshots.html ) :

GreatFox
Level 0

Fox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »

If I remember correctly, I've spent quite a while with Areena 5. Wink

So, this is just Areena 5 translated to english? If so, I recommend this to everyone.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »

A nice introduction post would be required if you don't want to look like a spammer Smiley

mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »

Broken-hearted.  At first, I thought "Gladiator" was an adjective describing the manager.  That'd have been awesome.   Cry

I'm still having mental images of the Manager, resplendent in his Power Tie and highly polished breastplate, towering over a wounded IT staffer.  His blood-soaked blade shines brightly in the dazzling sunlight, ready to skewer the trembling worker.  The manager's voice rumbles like distant thunder as he murmurs, "It's time for your performance review, worm."
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:36:49 PM »

Broken-hearted.  At first, I thought "Gladiator" was an adjective describing the manager.  That'd have been awesome.   Cry

I'm still having mental images of the Manager, resplendent in his Power Tie and highly polished breastplate, towering over a wounded IT staffer.  His blood-soaked blade shines brightly in the dazzling sunlight, ready to skewer the trembling worker.  The manager's voice rumbles like distant thunder as he murmurs, "It's time for your performance review, worm."
I'm making that into a game ASAP
seppos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »

Hi,

Sorry about missing introduction post, done it now.

GreatFox, you are right about Areena origins of the game. Gladiator Manager is in fact improved version of Finnish Areena 4.

Mewse, sorry to disappoint you.  Smiley Maybe I could add 'IT staffer' class to game so we could see a long-awaited match Minotaur versus IT staffer.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic