Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:41:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWhy I Want To Fuck Barack Obama
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Why I Want To Fuck Barack Obama  (Read 2272 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »

The new website and teaser trailer for Why I Want To Fuck Barack Obama are now online. WIWTFBO is my current project as one half of Quicksand Games. We previously created We Want YOU, which people here seemed to enjoy.

The game is a satire inspired by the infamous short story Why I Want To Fuck Ronald Reagan by J.G. Ballard. You play as the unwieldy floating head of Barack Hussein Obama, a beacon of Hope in dark times. He leads his young followers across the feverishly-surreal landscapes of future America, to their inevitable deaths.

You can read more of the story and ideas behind the game on the website, along with clues which tie into an ongoing ARG that is just beginning now.

You can also follow the development of the game on Twitter, or in my devlog.

Thanks for checking out the site, more coming soon! Smiley

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:24:18 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »

that trailer was awesome. I can't wait.

what's the release date?
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »

I shouldn't promise a release date just yet, I don't want to give anybody false hope Wink

Kuppo
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »

Kiss
I am thoroughly intrigued.

Although I have a small criticism:
This is the voice of a betrayed generation, crying out from hell, shattering the American fever dream. An exhibition of atrocities through which we can see our true selves.
Our current generation isn't the only one that has been betrayed.  The whole damn planet is affected by the actions of the American state.
Also, that last part, "our true selves."  While I think I see what your saying there (and it is justified), still, I mean, I know I haven't been exploiting millions of workers for hundreds of years. Wink
Just some stupid nitpicking that I couldn't keep to myself. Shrug

Definitely looking forward to the release. Hand Thumbs Up Left
Vinnie
Level 0

funzo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 08:47:24 AM »

Nice use of banana.
Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

You have a unique imagination that is fascinating and bizarre.

Saying that, I look forward to your game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:03:06 PM by Okenido » Logged
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »

You have a unique imagination that is fascinating and bizarre.

Saying that, I look forward to your game.

I saw what you changed there, haha  Wink

Our current generation isn't the only one that has been betrayed.  The whole damn planet is affected by the actions of the American state.
Also, that last part, "our true selves."  While I think I see what your saying there (and it is justified), still, I mean, I know I haven't been exploiting millions of workers for hundreds of years. Wink

I stand by the first part, because I really want to capture the anger of a particular generation as a microcosm for those larger conflicts. Like I said in the first part of that section, it seems that for a lot of people Obama was the first politician that ever captured their attention and made them hope for real progress in America. That makes their feelings of betrayal and anger all the more acute, and therefore more interesting to me.

As for the second part, now that you point it out I don't really like that phrasing either. But I'm not sure what to change it to to get at what I was really trying to say. Hmmm...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:24:20 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic