Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:30:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsSouth Bay ~Micro? Jam 4 (Fri Dec 17th)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: South Bay ~Micro? Jam 4 (Fri Dec 17th)  (Read 4875 times)
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:45:14 PM »

That's right, another one! We may need to lose the micro prefix: last time 13+ people attended and we ran out of chairs.

The deets:

Friday, December 17 at 7:00pm - ?
Contrasaurus HQ
330 N Mathilda Ave #910
Sunnyvale, CA

Food and drinx provided.

Room to crash.

RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181008315245173
Chris Pavia
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »

OMG I MET PHUBANS LAST TIME11111

AND DAN FESSLER111

and other cool peeps.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't resist:

No I did not make this.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make this one. I have a train to catch the next morning at 7 AM... But have fun, guys!

Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

@phubaby Which train? If it's south bound Caltrain then it's super close! Otherwise, we'll miss you  Cry
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »

Amtrak, 3-day-ride home to Pennsylvania for the holidays Sad

Yeah, I wish I could be there! I'll be back in the Bay Area on the 2nd of January, though!

PS: If you do any more Madhouse Tournaments, make sure to tape it!! :D

dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »

you're from the midwest - no wonder you're so corny

jk bro

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »

Ugh... I hate when California people think Pennsylvania is in the midwest. lrn2geography

It's right next to New York/New Jersey/Washington DC... That's the East Coast!

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »

Ugh... I hate when California people think Pennsylvania is in the midwest. lrn2geography

It's ok, East Coast people always think San Francisco and Los Angeles are an hour apart, because "it's only one state."

Chris Pavia
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »

It's ok, East Coast people always think San Francisco and Los Angeles are an hour apart, because "it's only one state."

Heh, my mom (in NY) does that all the time.
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »

It's right next to New York/New Jersey/Washington DC... That's the East Coast!

dude i know where pennsylvania is. i've spent a few weeks in a couple different areas. unless you're from philly i'm going to assume you're from the cornfields and that your parents speak with a penn dutch accent.

(i'm razzing you because my mom is from pittsburgh.)

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

Haha, well I was born in the suburbs outside of Philly and lived there until I was 9. We did move out west to the rural white trash part of PA, but I'm nothing like those proles!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 08:02:33 PM »

Haha I was about to say dude Philly ain't the only city in PA (from Pittsburgh myself). I was actually kind of surprised when we came to CA to find that people thought of PA as mostly rural since I rarely ever even left the city so I kind of just assumed every town was a city like mine.

Back on topic, I might try to make this but no promises.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 08:34:46 PM »

Haha I was about to say dude Philly ain't the only city in PA (from Pittsburgh myself). I was actually kind of surprised when we came to CA to find that people thought of PA as mostly rural since I rarely ever even left the city so I kind of just assumed every town was a city like mine.

I have the opposite problem.  People think NY is all one big city, even though I grew up around corn fields and Indian reservations.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »

Back on topic, I might try to make this but no promises.

Haha, you're from Pittsburgh? No shit! That's awesome... Though that city is still kinda redneck and PA cities in general are mostly just whites & blacks; not as much diversity as out here. Do you know where Somerset, or more specifically, Shanksville, is at? That's where I'm from Tongue

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »

I know Somerset but not Shanksville.
I lived in Wilkinsburg (right next to the city).
On March 1, 2000, Wilkinsburg received national attention when Ronald Taylor, a man suffering from schizophrenia, killed three people and wounded two others in a spree that occurred in part at the local Burger King and McDonald's restaurants [1].
That was right down the street from me. I remember that.

Though that city is still kinda redneck and PA cities in general are mostly just whites & blacks; not as much diversity as out here.
yeah I know that now but didn't think anything of it 'til I left. Could draw lines through the neighborhoods delineating the separation of colors tho, totally.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Shanksville was the alleged crash site of Flight 93 on September 11th. Otherwise, it was a tiny town of no importance. Farms, forests, and hills... My highschool had about 500 kids in it; K - 12th grade... There were about 30 people in my graduating class in 2000.

Sometimes I miss the tranquility of those dark quiet nights in the mountains, seeing more stars than you could count... But I don't think I could ever go back.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »

Just before crashing I did this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic