Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:24:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for Spriters and Level Designers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Spriters and Level Designers  (Read 2183 times)
Morgan Ender
Level 0

Call me Sigma.

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »

Gentleman
Good day, Dear Sirs and Madams.
We are looking for spriters and level designers for a 2D platformer project called Hatman (Name being thought up. I had no idea there was already an indie game called Hatman!), in which you try to get a fine collection of purely decorative hats. I hope you do not think me uncouth to request the help of you fine assortment of chaps in the venture to complete this project. We need spriters capable of spriting the degree of quality found in, for example, the wonderful game that is Super Crate Box.

Noir
We're also lookin' fer some level designers to help making some of 'em levels, so if you reckon you could help with that, we could use yer help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:00:57 PM by Morgan Ender » Logged
Kramlack
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »

It'd probably be a good idea to post in The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread first. You sound like a fine chap yourself but making your first post a request seems kind of ungentleman-like. Best of luck with this project though, it sounds awesome.
Morgan Ender
Level 0

Call me Sigma.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »

Oh I do apoligize, I certainly did not intend to act in this most ungentleman-like manner. I shall introduce myself in the aforementioned thread and punish myself by disallowing myself my afternoon tea.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:24:26 AM by Morgan Ender » Logged
kenesque
Level 1

mover of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

It would probably be a good idea to talk about the engine you're making (any WIP videos, what language you are using, plans for release, if you are doing revenue share and releasing through flash portals or doing a totally free release etc).

I can't help you or anything, but if I were not busy, I would absolutely love to know that sort of information before PMing you!
Morgan Ender
Level 0

Call me Sigma.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »

It will be a totally freeware, non-profit release. We're using an in-house engine being programmed in C# using XNA. A WIP video can be seen here.

Morgan Ender
Level 0

Call me Sigma.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »

We could also use a general pixel arist for a specific one-time 800x600 image. It would be for the world map of the game, just some miniature locations such as a tiny forest, a tiny city etc.

Furthermore, while Super Crate Box serves as a good example of the character style, we want tiles to look more along the lines of these screenshots of various games: 1 2

I know we're asking for a lot here, and we're reasonable guys. We'll take all the slightest help we can possibly get.

Cheers!  Coffee
keithw84
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »

i wouldnt mind making some sprites for ya Smiley

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 03:35:57 PM »

I don't have access to Youtube at this time, could you describe your game mechanics to me?

Morgan Ender
Level 0

Call me Sigma.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »

Basically, gameplay-wise it's a mostly rather vanilla platformer. Jump on platforms that may fall down, jump on the enemies heads, press buttons to open doors, that kind of thing. There are a certain amount of worlds containing a set amount of levels and perhaps a few extra levels, and each world has an overarching gimmick. As an example, in one world, you may be able to reverse the gravity and such.

Another aspect beyond the story mode is that to complete the game 100%, you have to collect all existing hats. Hats have no actual functionality and are purely for decorative and collecting purposes. Hats can be gained through various ways, such as recieving them from chests in levels, getting boss-specific hats after beating them, buying them from the in-game shop (in which more hats get unlocked for each world you beat), and a small sub-set of hats can be randomly given out to you at any time as you play the game.

It's not the most exciting-sounding game in the world, I know. I am one of the programmers, not the designer, as the project started as a collaborative effort.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »

I have next to no credentials -- outside of wasting countless hours on creating my own levels/maps in other games -- but I'd like to think I have a firm enough grasp on design concepts to be of some use here. I'd be happy to try my hand at designing levels for you.  Smiley

kokocipher
Level 0

2D Artist & Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »

this game looks cool, I'm interested in doing sprites and level design :D.  What do you use to design your levels btw?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic