Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 01:47:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlue Box - The Last Spray (finished, 2d platform)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blue Box - The Last Spray (finished, 2d platform)  (Read 2003 times)
Haris Mujkic
Level 0

Work hard If you want.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2010, 05:29:33 AM »

Blue Box - The Last Spray

Platform: Windows
Genre: 2d Platform

Web: Haris Game Studio
Blog: Haris Mujkic Blog

About me
Hello to all TIGsource forum members. My name is Haris Mujkic (Amosis here). Amosis (Greek form of Egyptian Ahmose, the name of a pharaoh of ancient Egypt, meaning "child of the moon" or "the moon is born.") I started developing games since 2006., but since 2009. i got this serious. I still learn a lot, work and every day i am trying to make something original, fresh and unique.

About Blue Box
Blue Box: The Last Spray is a unique and original platform game. You can do a lot. If you like retro platform games, buy this RIGHT now. This is not a platform games, you can also collect money and buy new upgrades for your character in game.

Features
- unique and crazy story (Play as Blue Box. He wants to find the last blue spray for hair. Why? Find out!)
- upgrade shop (4 upgrades – like flamethrower, gun, bomb, or new life)
- unique story telling
- original enemies (face TNT Runner, Angry Seeker, Skybird and many more)
- puzzle challenge (solve puzzle to go further)
and many more...

Download
DOWNLOAD DEMO
Buy
BUY (5$)
Game will cost 5 $ till April 15, 2011. and after that price will be 7.49 $.

REQUIREMENTS

Processor: 2 GHz
Memory: 256MB
Graphics: Direct X9.0c Compatible Card (IMPORTANT: your display must support resolution 1280 x 960)
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard Drive: 50MB
Sound: Standard audio

Screens

Screen 1.

Screen 2.

Screen 3

Screen 4

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:26:25 AM by Amosis » Logged

RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:47 AM »

uh, I think you should consider hosting the file yourself. I clicked your download link, then what I thought was the final download link, was redirected to another site, hit back, then was redirected to an adult website asking for my details..

I'm not going back there to try and figure out how to get the file

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
Haris Mujkic
Level 0

Work hard If you want.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »

uh, I think you should consider hosting the file yourself. I clicked your download link, then what I thought was the final download link, was redirected to another site, hit back, then was redirected to an adult website asking for my details..

I'm not going back there to try and figure out how to get the file

Now hosted on Media fire.

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »

Seriously? MIDI music? Ripped from a Game Maker example game? At least you could pick out some different MIDI music, if not just skip MIDI altogether.

You probably shouldn't make people install your game, at least until it's done, since it's kind of a hassle. You made this in Game Maker, right? If so, you could easily just distribute the executable file.

I assume you used the platform engine from the platform game tutorial on YoYo Games (assuming you used Game Maker). You can go ahead and do that for now, but it makes the game much less original.

The graphics are actually kind of nice, but the blue box guy is a little bit flat and dark and doesn't fit with the scenery.

That person that said your 10th game will be good is probably right. I think I had to make more than 10 games before coming out with a good one. So keep making games and don't give up. You'll improve; don't worry.  Smiley
Haris Mujkic
Level 0

Work hard If you want.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

Seriously? MIDI music? Ripped from a Game Maker example game? At least you could pick out some different MIDI music, if not just skip MIDI altogether.

You probably shouldn't make people install your game, at least until it's done, since it's kind of a hassle. You made this in Game Maker, right? If so, you could easily just distribute the executable file.

I assume you used the platform engine from the platform game tutorial on YoYo Games (assuming you used Game Maker). You can go ahead and do that for now, but it makes the game much less original.

The graphics are actually kind of nice, but the blue box guy is a little bit flat and dark and doesn't fit with the scenery.

That person that said your 10th game will be good is probably right. I think I had to make more than 10 games before coming out with a good one. So keep making games and don't give up. You'll improve; don't worry.  Smiley

Thank you for your comment. Of course i will make this game better. First of all, all code in game is mine.

Now, game will be updated. But hey thank you again for your feedback.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:27:18 AM by Amosis » Logged

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »

I think the first screenshot looks worse with the odd-looking rock, the flat grey thing, and the flat blue sky. The hills and the flowers in the second screenshot actually look kind of nice, but I think it would be great if you put back the scrolling clouds.
Haris Mujkic
Level 0

Work hard If you want.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »

I think the first screenshot looks worse with the odd-looking rock, the flat grey thing, and the flat blue sky. The hills and the flowers in the second screenshot actually look kind of nice, but I think it would be great if you put back the scrolling clouds.
Thank you for suggestions and for playing Blue Box. I will add scrolling clouds later, right now i have to finish one puzzle level.

Haris Mujkic
Level 0

Work hard If you want.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »

Game is finally published! You can find it here. It is a great experience. Updated topic description and screens.
 Coffee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic