Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:25:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVinter In Hollywood
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vinter In Hollywood  (Read 1286 times)
Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »

Announcing Vinter In Hollywood(ViH) Game Project

Musical Inspiration
Aleksander Vinter's music has been acting like a source of inspiration for me for the past few years, and listening to his music usually fuels your mind with inspiration, like a videogame playing out behind your eyelids.

Music
Youtube: Vinter In Hollywood - "Virus"(Soundtrack for The Rim)
Youtube: Vinter In Hollywood - "You Can Play"(Live Performence)

The "Ride Like The Wind" musicvideo is animated by Oscar Johansson, known for the Castle series running at Newgrounds.com

Most of my games contain his music, but some time ago, we started to draw up concepts for Vinter's own game, Vinter In Hollywood. Here's some early art from the project:

Character Design
Vinter is quite particular of which style the project is going to have, and we've spent quite some time figuring out the appearence of the character.

Short pixly, 'Disgaea' type, and 'Bananas in Pyjamas'
are among the styles we've experimented with

Vinter has started creating some sprites of his own!

What type of game is it?
It's going to be a fast paced action game, that is all I can say. I'll have more details on gameplay later, including a video trailer. It's gonna have classic ViH beats in it. Here is the recently released official music video for Ride Like The Wind, inspiered from the ViH universe.

More info to come!
~ Follow development on Roflgames.com

Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »

The three in a row... the first one is my favourite out of all of them.
tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

Huh, you're in on Owlboy Jo? Much intriguing. You're also working on Fableous? Hmmm... you'd better not be biting off more than you can chew, these are all projects I want to see finishing.

Anywho, love the idea of starting with the soundtrack and moving on from there. Youtube is telling me Vinter is a badass, and it sounds like someone needs to put him on XBLA ASAP. Keep us informed, and happy coding to you.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:05:43 AM »

Huh, you're in on Owlboy Jo? Much intriguing. You're also working on Fableous? Hmmm... you'd better not be biting off more than you can chew, these are all projects I want to see finishing.

They'll all be finsihed one day, but priority numero ono is getting Owlboy ready for it's April 2011 release Smiley We've got a weekly update section at www.DPadStudio.com where we reveal our progress on Owlboy. We've got a bazillion projects aside from this, but no worries, we know our priorities(which incidently is creating games of greatness) Wink

Vinter is currently animating sprites for this game, and once we're done with Owlboy, we're going to jump onto this and create a quick, yet awesome game out of it.

Off to work! Coffee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic