Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:50:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJetPilot GoNow (Working Title) (DEMO NOW!)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: JetPilot GoNow (Working Title) (DEMO NOW!)  (Read 11046 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »

nice, I liked it

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:27 AM »

I really like the graphics and the view and everything a lot. Sure it doesn't look realistic but it has a lot of style and looks awesome!

I thought that the enemy design could use a bit of work at the moment. Most of the enemies seemed to be the ones that flew in from behind and just directly past you. I wasn't really sure if they were supposed to be enemies or not because they were flying in from behind and flying right past me without shooting. I figured I was supposed to shoot at them because they were the only things on the screen, but I didn't feel like I was under attack, it was more like I was losing at an airplane race. I think that the game might work better (and makes more sense to me) if most enemies came in from the front.

I didn't really realize I could overheat my weapon until the boss. That's a good idea but it's hard to tell when the gun is going to overheat, the indicator just turns red at a certain point after shooting too long. Maybe have the indicator slowly change from gray to red as the player is firing so they can know when to let up on the gun.

The boss seemed like he had way too much health. I filled many many bullets/missiles into him and it just felt like it was taking forever. He doesn't have a lot of variation at the moment so it's easy to lose interest quickly. There also seemed to be some positions on the screen where I could just stay there and be perfectly safe. I really liked the ending screen whenever you beat him, it was really funny.

I found it really funny that the player picks up ice cream, soda, etc in an airplane to regenerate health.

Overall, I thought it was really good so far. Grin It seems like it has potential to be a very awesome game! I'm interested in checking out some more updates once you have them!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 07:36:42 AM »

Preview of the next stage, "Big wu boogaloo" The colors all still need serious work, and i'm doing lots of experiments with new badguy behavior.

also..
Who, if anyone tried making the papercraft model of Sparky's "YellowJacket" anyone?  I knocked one out the other day while with friends at a Steak and Shake, they're really nice.

Stay tuned
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »

You're goin' down, volcano!

Heheh, Damn I wish we had a restaurant here called steak and shake. Closest thing is "Steak and Egger" and it's disappointingly bad.

Yeah, I really like the graphical style of the game too but gameplaywise it just isn't really hooking me much yet.

I don't feel like I really know where I am shooting. Like, I can't tell when I'm in the right spot to hit a guy before I hit him, then I know, but not before that. That's what it feels like to me anyway. Same thing goes for enemy shots, I just try to stay well away from them because my concept of where they are gonna actually hit is too fuzzy, so I just sort of try to stay equally away from every shot on the screen and it doesn't make me feel really great and when I get hit it just feels sort of random.

I think I would like it better if I could recognize the path of enemy shots better and had more of an idea of where they were going to go throughout their flight and/or if there where more enemies that had some sort of targeter thing that you had to get away from like you have in there sometimes. I'd like to see the plane or whatever that is actually doing that though, so it felt more dramatic instead of just this faceless targeter thing that goes away when I shake it off for long enough.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:36:05 AM by Geothermal » Logged

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »

That volcano level looks hot, dude Shocked
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »

Demo teaser (volcano level preview!)

Chris Pavia
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »

Now with 500% more camera shake!

Kiss
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

sweet, looks intense!

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:57 PM »

Tryin to find that sweet balance between snug gameplay and seizurgasmic effects.  I even have an epileptic henchman I subject to builds to watch how  Screamy he gets. Whew.. this is some hard work, I tell ya.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

Looking good mang  Hand Thumbs Up Right

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »

player bullets now leave trails, lava-monsters, missile indicator on HUD, all stage colors adjusted, fireballs from lava-monsters peg your gun's heat index, stars and moon, the powerup ballons are hot air balloons. hmm.. more stuff i cant quite think of yet. BUT PROGRESS!!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »

I kinda like the title of the game, you should keep it.
Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:25 AM »

This game screams potential. I currently am not a huge fan of how it all works together right now, but I have no doubt it will get better. I love the graphics, music, and ideas you have presented.

As some others have said, just tweak a few things in the gameplay.
- I seemed to be able to overuse missiles
- Aiming is a bit weird; odd since of direction
- I felt I lacked complete control over the ship

Great job so far however; I cant wait to see where this goes.

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »

It seems no one else thought so, but i think you should make the camera shake and speed lines more dynamic. I feel they're very effective, but i can imagine ways they might be more so.

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

some levels will be more severe-shaky while others it will be just a little "hot turbulence"
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »

Sorry for not updating this in so long. the game's still on track and being worked on daily. here's some pics of the latest news.

dont mind the a/b things, they wont be in the game.  this is a desert level where sparky has to borrow a junker biplane from her friend who accidentally leaves a blotter of acid in the seat. things get trippy

target shooting minigame down a wild river

the lava level is complete, and freaking awesome

hand-cut demo discs sold at a local showing of the game.  the included demo is a deluxe 3-stage demo with extra goodies 'n stuff.  i got extras if anyone wants to support the cause

the fight is long, but i shall continue!
-A
joedev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »

Played the demo, it is pretty awesome and very intense. I really like the graphics style and the music was perfect. At first it was a little too chaotic and I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but once I got used to it, it seemed fine. Will there be a way to upgrade your plane/jet or acquire different type of weapons? Keep it up, this looks great!

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »

The original idea was to have an interactive upgrades/weapon shop between stages, but I was having too hard a time getting it to work.  I still wanted there to be new features for the player to make each stage feel fresh, so after each act you watch a little cutscene where she talks to her friend, Gabber, and he modifies her jet in some way to suit the next level.

oh, also between flight stages you're given the option to do minigame errands/missions of various kinds to score extra continues or maybe unlock extra stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic