Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:30:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPike 'n Shot [an arcade Pike and Shoot'em up] (alpha v0.2)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Pike 'n Shot [an arcade Pike and Shoot'em up] (alpha v0.2)  (Read 55602 times)
Metalcallous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »

No, don't make it easier haha. We want more challenge (or maybe it's just me).

I think health should stick with coins considering the mercenary attitude of your forces. Perhaps have the doppelsoldners like pickups that can be rescued.You yourself have contemplated this before. Once you rescue them you can recruit them for 2 coin cost. There would just be a protective cap like 5 coins or so, where you can't hire any new doppelsoldners. If you can't hire, the doppelsoldner would just thank you and retreat.
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2018, 02:59:10 AM »

Metalcallous, it's the FIRST LEVEL, it's too hard, lol. There can be later levels to be hard. Once I get scoring in, it'll still be challenging for the hardcores because you can be trying to get that S-rank.

New Marquee image for the arcade cabinet by Peter Lazarski of Halloween Forever and Abyxsis fame.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
Metalcallous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »

Hehe, what I meant to say is that the 1st level seems just about right in terms of difficulty Smiley
I excited to see more challenges as the later levels go by.  Gentleman
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

For anyone who's been checking this dev log recently, sorry for the lack of updates. I've had to focus on my day job a lot for the past couple of months since I showed the game off at TCAF in Toronto; so fun, So many people played and liked the game!

I'm taking a week off vacation next week and I hope to get at least some art done for some new features to the game inbetween just relaxing.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:46 PM »

Hey there, James, how's this project going?

Of course I agree that it's too hard for the first level too

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic