Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:15:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCan I, should I, make a fighting game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Can I, should I, make a fighting game  (Read 20200 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »

I thought it was a kiss

(OF DEATH)

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2011, 03:58:58 AM »

For the zombie's grab, make her chew on the persons arm (or something else other than the head) so the face chew is like a more deadly version of the normal chew.
or have her fall over and naw on their foots failing to cause her to fall over. oh why not have the tree parts radiant damage if they get hit by the top of the tree they only get 10-20 damage if their on ground and close the whole 40-50 damage mid range 20-30 and far away 1 damage that way it's that Un-dodgable yet fair.
or the person could throw out their super as a counter.
zombride can get close and do her grab, so can the rocker, the bullfighter would just stampede from a distance, a. smith could just walk past it.
Though this just me guessing seeing how we never got to test out the new characters.

edit: a super(zombride) which is hit with another super(A.Smith) idea lead to this really poorly drawn comic
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:46:07 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

I'm not doing a lumberjack, so let's not bring up that idea again. And I'm not givin out playable demos, cos the characters all suck.

, the 5th guy is in, barely. I haven't animated his super cos I can't really think of a good one. He has a lot of moves that jump him forward, he runs faster than anyone, and has a diagonal downward-kick.
It's not that laggy in the game.
I'm not totally happy with this dude yet.
Oh and I did more sketches, but hand-on-hat would be a really silly pose to cut out of and go back to from every move.

This one isn't even finished n he took a week n alf. I obviously suck at this. I think I'm gonna be finished by like- the end of February :[
3 characters left.

The next character is probably gonna be a sexy Vegas magician's assistant. She'll teleport, have a mine thing, and do some other dumb stuff.
The FINAL character, I'm thinking, might be a Korean professional tournament game dude who is like Akuma. Like he shoryukens and hadoukens n all that shit like crazy, and glows pink energy all day. Maybe. That's one idea.

Incase you didn't notice I changed the first guy's back-kick to something better.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »

So your planning to tie a string around his knife so that if he gets knock down he can pick it back up or will the knife fly away and leave the player to pick it back up?
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 08:37:41 AM »

None, that's just a glitch.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »

This one's gonna take a while...
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »

I'd suggest a domino mask, and the costume on the far right.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »

None, that's just a glitch.
so he doesn't have a tons of knives in his coat which he just pulls out if one flies off?
Maybe that would lead to his super where he tosses his knives at the feet of his opponent freezing them and runs/walks up to them for a multiple stab combo or do to the chance the opponent be in the air a knife throw to knock them down to a stab combo?
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »

I can't think of a way to make stabbin a guy multiple times look awesome.

I'd suggest a domino mask, and the costume on the far right.

Good call.

I'm having trouble makin her not look like Freakazoid or a member of The Incredibles, but I'll work on it.

Also I can't get a hat to look good. I should move in some different directions before I settle on cabaret showgirl magician.
Every time I search google for "Magician Girl", Yugiho cards come up Angry

I'm happy with the body. I remembered that magician's assistants are shorter than the average person, and I think ginger hair gives her character.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »

Give him a flurry of stabs like some anime character with several blurry detached limbs. (If that even makes any sense)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »

Google "Magician's Assistant". Should give better results.
yokomeshi
Level 0

tonight we're gonna party like it's 1989

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »

Stanley's a creepy, murderous hitchhiker, so maybe you could... have him pull a chainsaw out of nowhere for his special Evil
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »

Woow, that video sold it for me, I'm getting pretty exited about this now.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »

Stanley's a creepy, murderous hitchhiker, so maybe you could... have him pull a chainsaw out of nowhere for his special Evil

do it

>:|

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »

Hitchhiker makes me think of a creepy wanderer/forestguy

Alternative super:
Set up a campfire and bake opponent

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »

Yeah, Stanley'll probably have a chainsaw Super.

I didn't go with the final full-magician look. I think it looks cooler, but it woulda took AGES to animate that. It would've bin a poor decision.

She has some crazy moves; a teleport, a mine-- thing. I stole the card trick directly from Gambit in X-Men: Mutant Academy 2, and the Special is a the Pendragon's Metamorphosis.

The card trick had to be revised a couple times because you could easily just throw out cards all day. I had to get the trajectory right so it'd go OVER your opponent if they're right infront of you, then fall down quickly so it doesn't just hang around all day.
Also she has my favourite character portrait so far.

I have NO CLUE what the next character is, but I know the last guy is gonna be a Korean professional gamer with basically Akuma's moves. So I might aswell start on that.
tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »

So is the glowing card the mine thingy?

Also what conditions can you use her special (One hit Knock out right?)?
Looks great Coffee

So idea time for the rest of the characters? Shrug

I would like to see an artist of some sort, any type of artist really.

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »

a very douchey artist

scarf and stuff too

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »

and a beret

Although how would he fight?
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »

he would make big brush strokes that materialize into spikes and stuff or something

very ranged based i guess

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic