Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:52:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFMV GAME
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: FMV GAME  (Read 2556 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »

first person. Second person would be just too weird.

tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

Yes. They're notorious for the level of campiness in their execution.

My whole issue with this idea is that, and the fact that it seems... ambitious? My concern is the branching paths, differing on length of the game the FMV thing could become a major issue regarding the size of the game (in my experience, could be wrong).

However the colors  Noir of the game could help compression size.

Two questions...

1.) When can we see at least a single piece of content? I want to know that this just isn't Walter Mitty stuff for now.

2.) What level of interaction will there be? E.G 70% interaction, 30% non-interaction (Can't really say scripted and non-scripted can I when referring to FMV)

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »

games these days have a pretty huge file size, so size shouldn't be too big of a concern.

answer 1: no idea, we have the Diablo 3/Duke Nukem Forever philosophy of it's done when it's done, but we'll work as fast as we can to get content out. We are in the planning stages at the moment, still scripting and what not.

answer 2: no idea what you meant with percents. So far it's a point and click adventure, however, we may add more to it, which we should.

ambitious? Yes.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic