Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:03:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPixels vs. Polygons | Valyou Software
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixels vs. Polygons | Valyou Software  (Read 1731 times)
Valyou
« on: December 15, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »

Pixels vs. Polygons is a platformer game starring a pixelated figure named Pix, leaving his 8-bit homeland to fight the horrible Polygons taking over the world. In the beginning, you really have nothing to use against polygons but a brush (which can restore polygonal objects to their original nostalgic pixel form) and a weak sword. You can collect pixels around levels in the game to get items like construction kits (which can be used to make useful items like elevators or ramps to get through the game) weapons, and animals like the Pixelsaurus or attack dog.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:06:06 AM by Valyou » Logged
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »

Screenshots, even just mockups, would be cool.

What's so horrible about Polygons? I love polygons, just look at my games. ;_;

iffi
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »

What's so horrible about Polygons? I love polygons, just look at my games. ;_;
If you're a pixelated figure who has always lived in a 2D world, I'm sure polygons would be quite frightening.
Valyou
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »

And the Poly Army's out to get your cute little pixelated face made polygonal, so there's another reason why you shouldn't like them.
The polygons really won't be actual 3D models, just triangles that are out to beat you. But the final level, Castle Polygon, will be fully 3D.
Here's the album of sprites made so far.
http://img708.imageshack.us/g/pixieidle.png/
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:08:09 PM »

I don't love the sprites right now; they seem less pixel and more bad MS Paint. Ideally, the characters would look like something from an NES game, SNES at most. In other words, kill the horse. Kill it dead.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

I dunno I think you could run with that look... The concept sounds interesting too.

Valyou
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »

I don't love the sprites right now; they seem less pixel and more bad MS Paint. Ideally, the characters would look like something from an NES game, SNES at most. In other words, kill the horse. Kill it dead.
They're just mock-ups.
I hate that whorse (intended Durr...?) too. I was trying to make the Pixelsaurus, but it looked too much like a horse, so I kept it v_v
I'll see what I could do. I was kinda leaning towards a Commodore 64 type retro, but maybe NES could be better.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic