This is a TIGSource TIGER Assault Free Form
Competition.What is TIGSource?
You're sitting in it.What is TIGER Assault?
TIGER Assaults are short competitions based around a particular theme. The emphasis is on collaboration, sharing, and, most of all, the completion
of projects. I.e., it's an exercise in making small, tight, enjoyable/interesting games that can be played from beginning to end. There are no prizes involved.What is Free Form?
Any format goes! But the game should at least
run on Win32 platforms.
The theme of the game is PROCEDURAL GENERATION, with an emphasis on generating new content every time the player starts the game.Procedural generation
, or procedural content generation, is a term to describe the creation of content algorithmically "on the fly" (i.e. after the software executes, rather than before). In video games it is generally used to either generate "random" content (like graphics or levels), or to reduce file size. This competition is focused on the former, but you may choose to apply the theme however you see fit.References:
I think there's a lot of interesting things you guys could do with this theme!
Monday, May 5thEnd Date:
Monday, June 2nd (Around Midnight)Rules:
- Entries should be started and ended within the time frame of the competition to be considered for judging (but it's OKAY if you start thinking/prototyping a bit earlier).
- Using pre-existing game engines is OKAY.
- Entries must be made for the competition only (but you can do whatever you wish with them once they're finished).
- Collaborations are allowed and, in fact, are welcomed.
- As usual, you may start a thread to track the development of your game! Be sure to select the "Procedural Generation" message icon to accompany your post.
- You may submit more than one game.
- Submit your game by declaring "FINISHED" on your game's thread, or by PMing or e-mailing me. Include the download link to the latest version of the game somewhere where I can find it.
Let's do it!