Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412033 Posts in 69446 Topics- by 58482 Members - Latest Member: ZerusW

June 20, 2024, 09:59:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationDiaspora [FINAL MIX +]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Diaspora [FINAL MIX +]  (Read 21960 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

Make them very thin. Or you could use a different color than black, just one that contrasts with the actual color of the seed, but not fully contrasting as to not become unconfortable looking at them.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »

AT&T/SBC Global has decided that I will not download this file.

Network neutrality is a beautiful thing.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 06:45:45 PM »

Yet another version released... I got the registered version of GM7 and the first thing I did with it was make random height and width for the levels in Diaspora. Also I had to draw all the outlines again because last time I did it, I just exported it as a .exe and forgot to save the editable file  Lips Sealed

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 10:02:58 PM »

Played it again. It got more interesting. Nice work.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 10:52:13 PM »

I liked some of the changes you made. Still fun, though I have some more comments.

On the latest one, is randomly disappearing circles an intended effect? It was pretty annoying on the seed "electronic".

Would it be possible to make the collection circle wrap like some of moving circles or is that supposed to be part of the challenge?

Also, it might be good to be able to reset the high score (mine has been kept since the less-balanced earlier builds), store the high score table name separately from the seed (it displays the seed when asking for a name), and not ask for a name if you don't actually have a high score.

You might also want to have some sort of visual indicator of what explosion frequency disables clicking, since on levels like "329" the small dots move left fast at constant speed, so there's no strategy in waiting at that point. There was another situation (forgot the seed) which was very dense with spores that multiplied every twenty seconds or so. That situation would be difficult enough to end without the limited explosion frequency, but it became impossible with it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:09:42 PM by Noyb » Logged

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 02:47:28 AM »

You can reset the highscores by pressing 'K' on the highscore screen. I put it in as a dev tool but now I'm passing the savings on to you!

The multiplying dots I shall have to look into. They shouldn't go so fast that it's impossible to clear them. And the disappearing ones are supposed to do that. They're still there, just invisible, so you can get them if you predict their motion.

As for the various problems with the high score table, I'm afraid to say I just don't know how to do that  Sad

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic