Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:00:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Ninja Hunter (yoyogames compo edition)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Ninja Hunter (yoyogames compo edition)  (Read 2961 times)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:32:48 AM »

My entry for yoyogames competition, has been in the making for quite some time, finally sort of done. Smiley

Super Ninja Hunter

Japan, 1227. Ninjas have summoned a magic weapon from the future and are ruling the world. Can you stop them?

Play as a naked hero in over 26 areas, with 6 incredible bosses, 5 deadly weapons, and 4 different play modes.
Use your grapling hook and special moves like ceiling hanging, anchoring, and jumping on enemies to kick a lot of ass.
Hell, you can even attach your weapons to your grapling hook, or use it to disarm ninjas!

Basicly: Fast action, fun physics, and challenging obstacles.

YOYOGAMES LINK

Direct download:
http://www.thepoppenkast.com/data/JW/superninjahunter_yoyo.exe

This is the competition version, because of certain sudden things in my life I couldn't work on it for about a week before the deadline. Therefore some things might be missing and unpolished. All the gameplay is there however.

Now click that link, enjoy the game, and be sure to give me a honest rating! Smiley

-Jan Willem Nijman

"When you dedicate your life to hunting ninjas, you don't have time for clothes."

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:26:53 AM by jwaap » Logged

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:30:26 AM »

Nice game, though I dont like the physics much, they feel a bit weird.

increpare
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

Nice game, though I dont like the physics much, they feel a bit weird.
I'd like to second both those comments.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »

Physics are sort of slow for control. If you want speed, combine your hook and shotgun for super movement.

Any other replies?

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:19:07 AM »

How do I navigate this disgusting website? It tells me to install a YoYo-something. For Firefox. Is there a way to download the game, or am I forced to play in-browser?
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:26:28 AM »

Direct download:

http://www.thepoppenkast.com/data/JW/superninjahunter_yoyo.exe

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »

wow this game is brilliant i love it. Really cool ideas, and the graphics do the job. Physics seem weird at first, but you get used to it.

Its great grabbing an enemy, pulling him close then shotgunning him haha

Great learning curve, BUT i couldnt get past the section where you had to use your weapons to get up top..i tried to shoot a rocket and time it so, i hit the spikes below and got exploded upwards but its so hard..

I suggest Q/E buttons to switch weapons.
More fitting music, didnt seem to fit with action.
Also was the combo system thrown in afterwards? it seems quite pointless imo, maybe if it was better intergrated or something..

Great game though, i really liked it.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »

One thing I noticed, atleast in the version I last played, was that i took my cursor outside the window a load of times, which wasn't a good thing Sad

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

Nice game! I had trouble trying to read what some of the enemies were saying during the battles (the ones that teach you how to move and stuff, especially - brilliant idea, by the way :D), but that's not really a major issue and I'm not sure about how you could fix it without breaking the pacing of the game; maybe just increasing the time they take to vanish would do.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »

Greg:

You can hook onto one of those things you launched. Wink And oh, scores aren't really done or anything. This was the competition entry edition. Deluxe version will come this summer.

Hideous:

f4 for fullscreen!

Akhel:

I'll fix it for the deluxe edition. (:

Thanks for the replies guys!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic