Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:02:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThey Come Out At Night [now with something playable!]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: They Come Out At Night [now with something playable!]  (Read 6081 times)
JoGribbs
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Smiley I was thinking about putting out something playable before It's completely finished just so people can criticize it. Would people be interested in that/ willing to do that?

Added working menus + difficulty settings.
Ashkin
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »

Yeah. It would be better if you got a playable build out now so that people could play it and tell you what's fun and what's not, so you can get rid of and tweak those things before you release the final version.
JoGribbs
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »

I am not dead but sometimes I wish I was.

Right now I am fixing various bugs, and designing a map, which will be included in something playable soon.

Also I am having a fucking awful time sorting out my bank account, so I can't buy Game Maker, so I can't put in surfaces, so I cant add a 2x option ATM. >: (
Nitromatic
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 02:58:26 AM »

The mockup looks very nice. It does catch the feeling of winter very well.
I am looking forward for more, this project looks so epic I would pay for it.  Gentleman

- Blossom -
JoGribbs
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 05:52:51 AM »

I'm sorry that I'm taking ages with this, but I got really bored with it because there were loads of bugs that I didn't quite know how to fix, so I started working on another project. I got bored of that one and am now working on this one again with a renewed interest.

What needs to be done is polishing and bug fixing the game itself. It's not really a content-focused game; sure there are different maps, but the systems of the game itself are what's important, and the systems aren't working perfectly. Something will be playable sooner rather than later but there's a lot of donkey work that needs doing.
JoGribbs
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 04:31:22 AM »

Something playable (there are known bugs, particularly with weapon scrolling, which needs considerable messing with Embarrassed)
Ashkin
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »

I love it. You've already got a great balance feel to the gameplay- the gathering and barricading in the day, the defense at night... You just need to flesh it out more.
Add more enemies and weapons, and more ways to barricade (as well as more stuff to spend your money on.)
Also, I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea to seperate health from money and make enemies drop money as well as health.
Nitromatic
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:09 AM »

Interesting!
Can't say much, as Ashkin said pretty much everything I was going to. But keep the work going, this will be interesting project to look at. (and to play!)
Qbopper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »

You made this with GM lite?

Wow, my faith is renewed in Game Maker.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic