Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:32:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallImpact - HTML5 Game Engine now available
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Impact - HTML5 Game Engine now available  (Read 1286 times)
Dominic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »

Hey there,

it took some time, but I finally managed to finish it:
http://impactjs.com/

Packing everything together and writing a ton of documentation and tutorials surprisingly takes a while 0_o

This is the Game Engine behind "Biolab Disaster", which now also runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Try it:
http://playbiolab.com/

So, yes, the Engine is not free. You have to pay $99 to download it. I know that's quite a steep price, but if you want to do iPhone game stuff, I think it's a reasonable solution.

Any thoughts? Feedback? Smiley
Defsan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »

That's some great stuff, man. The game and the fact that you made an engine have restored my faith in HTML5. In fact, this is one of the biggest nerd boners I've had in a long time.
rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »

Not a whole lot to add here, but by way of feedback, I did just want to say the engine and the results are amazing. It's a little hard to use on the iPhone, since the control buttons are placed so close together (can't play in landscape mode)... but it's not like I expect a better experience on the iPhone than in the browser. Tongue

Seriously tempted to purchase, but I doubt I'd ever come close to finishing any projects to make it worthwhile. That said, the price point seems entirely fair for what you get! Keep up the great work...

* rszrama goes off to blast more baddies in Z-Type...

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic