Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:42:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSteamGrove
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SteamGrove  (Read 1067 times)
funfactotum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

Hi all,

I would like to keep track and receive comment & critique about the game i am creating named SteamGrove. It is developed with various tools; Wings3d and Blender for modeling, rigging and animating; Photoshop, Zbrush for textures; Coppercube for assembling/programming.

I am not still sure will it be a web based or pc based game; expecting Adobe molehill patch for flash player, enabling much more polys to be renderend through flash player.

The plot of the game is struggle between two forces, artificial and nature. Main representatives of Steam nation are Goblin-like creatures, and of the nature Dwarven-like.

It shall not be stereotype of goblins/dwarves, hope to add some twisted and unique feel and details.

Im posting some early development screens of game intro page; it is an process of low poly modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing and rigging going on. Objects are exported as .x animations from Blender to Coppercube and tested there. I am aiming to low poly look and feel, but a bit artistic/painterly (as i am painting by hand textures on the model - thats because of my primary profession - im an illustrator).

I hope i will have fun with this project, and hope to get some progress soon again!  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:31:25 PM by funfactotum » Logged

Chris Pavia
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

Nice to see another 3d project in here. Good Luck!  Hand Any Key
funfactotum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:08:51 PM »

Nice to see another 3d project in here. Good Luck!  Hand Any Key

Hey thanks, i will need it! Smiley BTW I saw your portfolio, excellent stuff there! Very nice game modelling too! Keep a good work!

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »

Wow, models are fantastic! I'm not so convinced of the textures, but maybe they look better in the rendered images.

funfactotum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:32 AM »

Hey Yajo, and tnx! Textures are really in early stage, and they are flat shaded! Models are UV unwrapped now, soI hope to show some "in game" renderings soon  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic