Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:26:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7237084 times)
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #22560 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »

And now the Wizard.

You should make game with simplistic graphic style.
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22561 on: May 08, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »

From a while ago, but showing the building process in Dying Sun

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22562 on: May 08, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »

The walk animation looks pretty funky.

Work in progress,

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22563 on: May 08, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »

The walk animation looks pretty funky.

It kinda' reminds me of the walking in Skool Daze and Back 2 Skool on the Speccy, so I likes it!

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
rosholger
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22564 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:35 AM »

Answered via twitter, let´s see if it helps you a little bit: https://twitter.com/egoitzOsa/status/331361294382944256
Lovely editor! If only there were a option for deactivating layers?
to make a layer visible/invisible press tab and then you see a list of the layers on the left and you click the weird thing leftmost cheers
stickadtroja
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22565 on: May 08, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »

meek that looks really nice! but you have one big issue in my opinion, contrast. the horse and the ground pops out right now as the most contrasty, so you should add some darker colours to all the people and the house. the house really blends in with the background right now. also i cant stand that sharp green grass-colour. hope you dont mind; i made an overpaint to demonstrate.

maybe mine got a bit TOO dark but still, i hope you see my point.
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22566 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »

>image<

Might just be me but some of the snow particles look a bit large.

dirtyhand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22567 on: May 08, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

And now the Wizard.

You should make game with simplistic graphic style.

That's the plan!
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22568 on: May 08, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »

The building scene gave me nostalgia goosebumps. I remember playing this old DOS game where you had to build a castle by placing individual wall segments, and you could actually see the little peasants walking around it as they built it. I can't remember the name of it but I wish I did; It was pretty fun. xD (I know that it had an option to choose between fantasy/reality, but I think the only difference it made was whether or not humans or orcs attacked your castle.)

Anyway, looks really charming. I agree with stick on a slight contrast bump for the castle.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22569 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

Oooh, this is good!

DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22570 on: May 08, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »

The building scene gave me nostalgia goosebumps. I remember playing this old DOS game where you had to build a castle by placing individual wall segments, and you could actually see the little peasants walking around it as they built it. I can't remember the name of it but I wish I did; It was pretty fun. xD (I know that it had an option to choose between fantasy/reality, but I think the only difference it made was whether or not humans or orcs attacked your castle.)

Anyway, looks really charming. I agree with stick on a slight contrast bump for the castle.

Castles by Interplay Smiley

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22571 on: May 08, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »

self portrait
<3<3 shawny take me now those flats mmm

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22572 on: May 08, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »

Castles by Interplay Smiley

Yes! That's the one. Smiley Ah, memories.

tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22573 on: May 08, 2013, 05:09:06 PM »

All gather around, for it is story time.

I like to think that everyone has that one game they've played that originally got them into pixel art, what hooked me was Cave Story. I had tried it numerous times before but it was always extremely mediocre and was already in the shadow of a friend who was already good pixel art. For some reason immediately after playing Cave Story I had this massive burst of motivation to give the pixels another go. It's funny because most people assume I pull most of my inspiration from Sword and Sworcey or SOTC. SOTC is sort of programmed into my brain naturally, but I actually used tall skinny forms before I knew of Super Brothers. Regardless, here's some stuff I dug up that resembles my admiration of Studio Pixel's work the most. It's kinda old, but iv'e only been doing pixel art for three years now.  Cave Story

I want to play something that looks like this so much. ;-; I think playing a game as a Vexon would be awesome, and your style is just beautiful.
dirtyhand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22574 on: May 08, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

Iron Man!

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #22575 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:47 AM »

self portrait
Just saw it on Pixel Joint, the palette is amazing <3
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #22576 on: May 09, 2013, 06:26:39 AM »

lately my pixelling has a little... on the rocks wouldn't you say?

*that grass tile is so bad btw don't even look at it*

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22577 on: May 09, 2013, 06:30:30 AM »

I think you should clean up those rocks a bit, it looks like you placed some pixels kind of at random. The outline especially could use some work.

meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22578 on: May 09, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »

meek that looks really nice! but you have one big issue in my opinion, contrast. the horse and the ground pops out right now as the most contrasty, so you should add some darker colours to all the people and the house. the house really blends in with the background right now. also i cant stand that sharp green grass-colour. hope you dont mind; i made an overpaint to demonstrate.

maybe mine got a bit TOO dark but still, i hope you see my point.

Really like the colours in this. The only problem is the work innvolved with going over every sprite and changing the contrast. I suppose doing it to things like the ground and buildings. won't be so difficult, though. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #22579 on: May 09, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »

I think you should clean up those rocks a bit, it looks like you placed some pixels kind of at random. The outline especially could use some work.

Ight thanks, when I get home ima fix the outline. Maybe make the outline a little more... Boulder. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic