Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 04:21:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7292427 times)
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28400 on: October 25, 2014, 04:47:23 AM »

In that case wouldn't it make more sense then to just always keep the weapon pointing forwards? (well, except for actions where that would interfere)

In this game's situation my idea was there are some friendlies in the area. Think about how policemen hold their guns in situations. Sometimes you're not supposed to fire all the time.

Pretty tired today, good night!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:56:16 AM by Medevenx » Logged

Ingenoire
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28401 on: October 25, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

In that case wouldn't it make more sense then to just always keep the weapon pointing forwards? (well, except for actions where that would interfere)

In this game's situation my idea was there are some friendlies in the area. Think about how policemen hold their guns in situations. Sometimes you're not supposed to fire all the time.

Pretty tired today, good night!

If the sprite is about the withdrawal of the weapon in front of friendlies, then it seems to be a very unpractical pose, since his hand is holding his arm, being unable to react in time should a fast and sudden threat appear.
It does however look like a cool injured weapon / arm sprite.

Did two animations today: no clue what palette to use for robo-barcode-clerk-scanner. Hammers your purchases before giving you the total price.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28402 on: October 25, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge. Looking for feedback.

LOL, it's pretty close to the show. Just needs a GUI with a POWER DRIVE icon and some background work. It's kinda low-contrast compared to how bright Carvallo is, but that might be intentional to make him and other in-game elements pop more.

@Ingenoire - Pretty sure Med's sprite is supposed to be a tired sprite, since he said, "Pretty tired today". The lowered gun sprite is above your previous post.

As for your sprites, nice work. I like the edit of the first sprite you did with more clustered animation.

As for these, they look nice as well. The barcode robot's interesting, but seems to lack contrast and shading, and seems kinda shaky with his animation. I think an extra frame of anticipation before the slam would make it slightly more believable as a slam instead of a simple placement of its head. On the other hand, it's a robot, so it wouldn't really anticipate... Maybe.

@Medevenx - Really nice work. I like the subtle sub-pixel animation on the tired sprite. Maybe make it run faster to make the animation look really smooth. Otherwise, nice work.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28403 on: October 26, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

Ingenoire - I like em, nice and colourful

Here's a thing I did for Pixel Dailies.

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28404 on: October 27, 2014, 05:35:28 AM »

I did something for the last week's Pixel Joint challenge.

I think something's off with the lighting or readability on the hands, what do you guys think?
Fridgecrisis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28405 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:20 AM »

I think something's off with the lighting or readability on the hands, what do you guys think?

I can tell there's someone playing a harp, but I actually can't parse out a face or head in the darker area, if there's supposed to be  one there. Also, what's that little rod of light to the right of the harp? Pretty cool looking overall, though!
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28406 on: October 27, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »

I can tell there's someone playing a harp, but I actually can't parse out a face or head in the darker area, if there's supposed to be  one there. Also, what's that little rod of light to the right of the harp? Pretty cool looking overall, though!

Thanks, I guess it's just too dark. Here's a colour adjusted version:

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the original version?
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28407 on: October 27, 2014, 08:24:37 AM »

i like the original version more

my entry for pd today

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28408 on: October 27, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

my entry for pd today
-snip-
Looks pretty cool, bro. What is this 'pd' you speak of?

Also, yeah but it doesn't seem to be showing up too well on some monitors.

Here's something that should have a background but will have to make do with being put in a quote:

Ellian
Level 0

Procrastinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28409 on: October 27, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »

Ugh, why do animations have to take so long?
And why am I always up for animating at 1am?

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28410 on: October 27, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »

I know, man. I've found you get quicker the more animations you do so all you have to is spend even more time animating. It's really a win win situation  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left

Cool character, btw. I'm getting a Yoshi's Island vibe.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28411 on: October 27, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »

my entry for pd today
-snip-
Looks pretty cool, bro. What is this 'pd' you speak of?

Here's something that should have a background but will have to make do with being put in a quote:

"PD" stands for Pixel_Dailies on Twitter. It's a new theme every day. People submit art, and sometimes there's short competitions that end with a Steam game code.

That's a really nice animation. Could use a tad more anticipation before the shot, but it's really good.

Really nice animations. Cool character design, too, though it's not immediately obvious what the headdress thing is (unless it's just a headdress, haha).

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28412 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »

cool thanks FawfulBeans! SolarTune said all about pd i could say. It's cool exercise everyday to get into drawing.

Ellian
Level 0

Procrastinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28413 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:46 AM »

@FawfulBeans > Good! Because I kinda have a lot of animations to do... ahah.

@SolarLune > That's actually a coat-thing made of dry leaves, but I don't really mind if people can't tell that at this size.

Thanks guys!

eliasdaler
« Reply #28414 on: October 28, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »

The City of Undead.
NicolaiGD
Level 0

Might be making games

View Profile
« Reply #28415 on: October 28, 2014, 04:50:50 AM »

Started making pixelart/animations and these are my first attempts

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28416 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »

that's great, but just lose all of that disintegration, it's not needed. Wait I'll cook up some edits.

edit:

it turned out the images were saved with a ton of artifacts so editing this wasn't really feasible, so I just removed some frames cause I think that's good looking enough - then I realized that maybe those frames where it goes beyond the initial slash position is a wind-up for the next attack. Well, i'm sorry I couldn't provide better feedback!
NicolaiGD
Level 0

Might be making games

View Profile
« Reply #28417 on: October 28, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »

feedback

Oh yeah the slash was resized to be the same size as the other gif. I made the slash first, so it's not that good. Thanks for the feedback though! Yours feels a lot smoother.

Edit:

Tried my best at a run animation for this guy!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:21:34 AM by NicolaiGD » Logged

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28418 on: October 28, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28419 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »

feedback

Oh yeah the slash was resized to be the same size as the other gif. I made the slash first, so it's not that good. Thanks for the feedback though! Yours feels a lot smoother.

Edit:
Tried my best at a run animation for this guy!

Looks cool. Here's some CC.

- Lean him forward
- Move his head down a bit
- Move that back-kicked leg up and back so the knee is higher, and the foot is higher than the hip
- Move his back arm out further
- Rotate the leading foot up to make it look like it's "kicking"
- Fiddle with the results

I like that sword effect; I think the slash could appear much quicker (50% of the number of frames it displays now) to make it really interesting.

@eliasdaler - Nice tiles. I think you could brighten things up a bit, and push the perspective a bit more (everything looks kinda front-on).

Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic