Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:21:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7236038 times)
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31340 on: June 23, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

My battle is never over
though I really hope that after revisiting legs movement and probably shadows and ugh... and after that, one of these days I'll start next one (it will be a kick, I guess), don't want to do a lot of backtracking.

I'll assume the hair is temporary, because other than that it's neat. It's kind of weird how her upper body is moving a lot more than the movement in her feet would indicate. Squash and stretch are good to use, but there's not enough force or speed to justify it I don't think. Might be wrong!

Artifice Machine
« Reply #31341 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31342 on: June 23, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »

@antrax: that stuff looks incredible
@Vaaasm: those reflections are looking fantastic
Nice crystals.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Thanks guys!

@artifice machine: love those two colors. they look so well when put together, as like a duo or something.
@solarlune: that design is so fricking cute.

the caterpillar tank!!

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31343 on: June 23, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »

I'll assume the hair is temporary, because other than that it's neat.
You just put a nail in cover of my coffin.)
I almost raving mad about hair because can't understand where to put hairs highlights by myself (not to mention when hairs moves)and failed to find info on the web (I finally started to getting why light make a "circle" at least). Those light pseudo-outlines or something gave me a "feeling" of what I want to achieve (or maybe it's just because of better contrast), so I put it away and started making draft for "kicking back" animation. Now I'll go back I guess.
Legs is thing to work more: I don't think it's ok if she will really physically change place where she "stands", but without horizontal shift it's rather dull. About squashes and stretches I'm quite happy, because want to make it look more fun than realistic (maybe I overdone it, just can't see it yet), trying to figure "right" amounts of "Looney Tunes" and "realism" for what I have in mind: Comix Zone combat style with vibe of Jackie Chan - alike kung fu comedies (I know there's much more than Chan's, those just were most shown on TV around me).
Thanks for returning my attention to those unfinished details, it helps to improve. One of my weakest points is that all l usually draw is flat-lighted black'n'white comic style things (or with rather basic coloring), hair lights make me struggle.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:46:55 PM by Shirsh » Logged

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31344 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:17 PM »

Working on new location for "Pocket Kingdom".

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31345 on: June 23, 2016, 11:16:01 PM »

@Vaaasm - Thanks! That's quite the intriguing design for a tank, haha.

@08 - Sweet colors. I really like how it gets more contrast the further down into the mockup it gets.

Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31346 on: June 24, 2016, 11:03:13 AM »

My battle is never over Ninja
though I really hope that after revisiting legs movement and probably shadows and ugh... and after that, one of these days I'll start next one (it will be kick, I guess), don't want to do lot of backtracking.

It looks pretty neat to me, youre trying to make a fighting game? I think you could learn a lot from this page:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm
They have animations of pretty much all fighting games, just clic on characters, choose one and scroll down to animations, an example:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/ryu-a.html

Also I tried to fix the leg and some pixels here and there, also added a background:

Also started a running animations, I tried to modify the legs a little bit with each new frame, but it looked stiff so I ended up redrawing them each frame, it needs a lot of clean up I guess;
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31347 on: June 24, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »

Woww, some really nice pixel art here since the last time I checked!
Meanwhile Im still making this sort of stuff

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #31348 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:41 PM »

Oh my goosh that is soo cute! :3

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31349 on: June 24, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

Legs are a thing to work more: I don't think it's ok if she will really physically change place where she "stands", but without horizontal shift, it's rather dull. About squashes and stretches I'm quite happy, because want to make it look more fun than realistic (maybe I have overdone it, just can't see it yet), trying to figure "right" amounts of "Looney Tunes" and "realism" for what I have in mind: Comix Zone combat style with vibe of Jackie Chan - alike kung fu comedies (I know there's much more than Chan's, those just were most shown on TV around me).

And that's all well and good for sure! But it's less about realism and more about what makes sense for the viewer. But it takes time and practice for sure. You've made good progress already. :3

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31350 on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:05 AM »

Woodman

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31351 on: June 25, 2016, 04:35:58 AM »

Woodman

Aw looks great! I love the colors you use, brilliant! Really lovely use of purples as always

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31352 on: June 25, 2016, 04:44:38 AM »

Woodman

Aw looks great! I love the colors you use, brilliant! Really lovely use of purples as always

<3 Ty man
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31353 on: June 26, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »

@solarlune: thanks!
@raku: those are some really great poses, i love the character too.
@reyn: nice finishing touch on the idle animation. also the running animation looks good too, though i feel like there's a frame in which she kind of lands on her legs and kind of stands for a split second before moving again. i feel like it'd work more if her leg movements flowed one right after the other.

edit: i just realized i mistook reyn for shirsh. i was actually referring to the former lol
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:10:24 PM by Vaaasm » Logged

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31354 on: June 26, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »

@ProgramGamer, @vaaasm Thank you both!
@Conkr those look pretty nice! Golgo13-ish character?

philippejugnet
Level 0

Phil-J

View Profile
« Reply #31355 on: June 26, 2016, 09:21:25 PM »

Recent stuff.

Momeka_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31356 on: June 27, 2016, 10:00:48 AM »

ferreiradaselva
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #31357 on: June 28, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »

Yoyo action.

Shipright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31358 on: June 29, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »

Also I tried to fix the leg and some pixels here and there, also addeda background:

This is much better. However, you have a static pixel on he back of the back leg. Its the dark one. The rest of the leg moves, but this pixel does not. Because it is dark, it stands out. Have it move with the rest of the leg.

Also started a running animations, I tried to modify the legs a little bit with each new frame, but it looked stiff so I ended up redrawing them each frame, it needs a lot of clean up I guess;

Its a good start. Without breaking it down frame by frame the arm has some looping issues. Also, you need to get rid of the "stomp" frame. It looks like you have a frame where the foot plants as it hits the ground and stays static for a frame. Don't do that. Decide how fast you want the character to appear to move (match it to the in game speed), decide how many pixels that translates to in distance per frame, and have the feet move back the same number of pixels each frame when the foot is on the ground.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:24:35 PM by Shipright » Logged
eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31359 on: June 30, 2016, 03:06:39 AM »

Judging by the inconsistent motions it looks like you drew each frame one after the other. I would recommend that you start with the keyframes (or the extremes) and then you draw the motions in between. Personally when I animate a running character I start with the stretched legs first, then the mid-point where the legs meet. Then you add frames between those extremes (in-betweens). Of course people do this differently, I mostly do it because I've found the stretched legs frames are the best to determine the type of run before animating the rest of the character.

Keep on practicing, the foundation is great and the pose is interesting!

Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic