Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:38:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7285952 times)
midoredomi
Level 0

Uhh

View Profile
« Reply #31740 on: December 26, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »

that's pretty nice. personally i think the sweater could use some more contrast in the colours

midoredomi - Pretty good. Showing it on a darker background would be nice, I think.

Thanks!
[edited] all it's missing now is a pair of ice skates and a scarf. It's supposed to be a walk animation dammit

it's not dark but it'll do. kinda

Also did the rest of these in a late-night synthwave-induced trance

I wish I had something else to post but I don't  Shrug
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:18:45 AM by midoredomi » Logged
Alarka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31741 on: December 27, 2016, 07:29:55 AM »

Here's a little jump animation I've been working on. Dunno if this will get into any game but its been fun to practice.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #31742 on: December 27, 2016, 06:46:42 PM »

Women really do fart!

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
HQ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31743 on: December 29, 2016, 02:49:11 AM »

Haven't posted work in a while...you guys are all really good! That's inspiring!

Here's some of my work:

Stance Animation Commission for a game called "Ruin Of the Reckless". The design was provided (so another creator whose name I unfortunately don't know made that) - I just animated it:

Also, does anyone know how to post pixel gifs on twitter these days that don't get messed up in the process through twitter  No No NO

hhttps://twitter.com/HQ_PixelArtist
_glitch
« Reply #31744 on: December 29, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »

What if Skyrim was a 2d platformer?
A little mock-up I was inspired to do after playing some Skyrim SE. Smiley

This is epic! I love it! <3
WaywardEmcee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31745 on: January 03, 2017, 08:29:55 AM »

So in an effort to git gud and solo a project this year, I have decided to pick up pixel art. The problem of course is that due to me being devoid of artistic talent and having little knowledge of human anatomy short of "dangly bits go here", my attempts to abstract a concrete physical form with neither knowledge of how the form aught to look nor the proper technique to abstract it with has made the results look... alien.

Imgur seems to be doing some weird as shit compression on this.

It doesn't help that I decided to use a blue color palette. But my intention is as both a base for a paperdoll, as well as a VATS style limb selector. Any advice on making it look less alien?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:36:36 AM by WaywardEmcee » Logged

Follow me on the twitters: @WaywardEmcee.
_glitch
« Reply #31746 on: January 03, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »

So in an effort to git gud and solo a project this year, I have decided to pick up pixel art. The problem of course is that due to me being devoid of artistic talent and having little knowledge of human anatomy short of "dangly bits go here"; so my attempts to abstract a concrete physical form with neither knowledge of how the form aught to look nor the proper technique to abstract it with has made the results look... alien.

Imgur seems to be doing some weird as shit compression on this.

It doesn't help that I decided to use a blue color palette. But my intention is as both a base for a paperdoll, as well as a VATS style limb selector. Any advice on making it look less alien?

The arms are looking good, but the feet are kinda... Big. Maybe you simply have to put the legs more near together and change the form of the head a little bit. Especially the regions around the chin.
WaywardEmcee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31747 on: January 03, 2017, 12:31:08 PM »

Alright, so I cleaned up the legs a bit and tried move their direction more inward, as well as increased the size of the head a bit which let me play around with a little bit more detail and flesh out the humanoid skeletal structure. Something still feels off though... Or am I just being pedantic at this point.

Follow me on the twitters: @WaywardEmcee.
_glitch
« Reply #31748 on: January 03, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »

Looks better!

Probably the length of the lower part of the legs is too long in comparison with the upper part of the legs...
midoredomi
Level 0

Uhh

View Profile
« Reply #31749 on: January 03, 2017, 10:49:19 PM »

Something still feels off
The part of the leg below the knee looks like part of the thigh to me, and the way the knee is shaded looks like it's viewn from the back. (zoomed in it's a bit less obvious)
-

Meanwhile, I may have finished that forward walk animation I did a while back. Does it also look like only the lower leg is moving back forward?
And maybe I should have the head bobbing upwards in two frames instead of a single one, because now it looks like she's skipping.

Should I just stick to a 4 frame animation
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #31750 on: January 04, 2017, 11:59:54 AM »

Here's a little jump animation I've been working on. Dunno if this will get into any game but its been fun to practice.

What's the FX in the upper left?

I see what you're doing, but I think the gun elasticity at the end of the animation feels strange.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31751 on: January 04, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »

^ It's not that the gun is elastic, it's that it's "heavy" and her hand is moving it back into its ordinary position with a bit of spring. Seems like a solid jump to me. Nicely animated, Alarka.

Meanwhile, I may have finished that forward walk animation I did a while back. Does it also look like only the lower leg is moving back forward?

Yeah, kinda. I think you should be able to see more of the shoe bottom. You also might want to alter the colors to make it more readable (since so much of her is dark, it's hard to make out the details). But it looks like she's walking forwards just fine - this is just minor nitpicking, basically.

midoredomi
Level 0

Uhh

View Profile
« Reply #31752 on: January 04, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »

Yeah, kinda. I think you should be able to see more of the shoe bottom. You also might want to alter the colors to make it more readable (since so much of her is dark, it's hard to make out the details). But it looks like she's walking forwards just fine - this is just minor nitpicking, basically.
Yeah, I thought the colours were to dark, too. Maybe I should get rid of the socks. But this kind of minor nitpicking I appreciate greatly, as I'm still learning c:
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31753 on: January 05, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »

kirby is dark and edgy

supajackle
Level 0

im kyle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31754 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:26 AM »

here's a doodle of josuke from jjba

Steven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31755 on: January 08, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »

Alarka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31756 on: January 09, 2017, 04:56:16 PM »

What's the FX in the upper left?

I see what you're doing, but I think the gun elasticity at the end of the animation feels strange.

VFX on top left are just guides. After I animated the diagonal version I had to make a vertical one so the programmer can rotate that depending on the direction of the jump. I figured having a vertical animation would get better results than a diagonal.

About the gun, what SolarLune said: I wanted to make the gun look heavy, but I understand why you feel like it looks kinda elastic. I should tweak it later, thanks for pointing that out! Smiley

matriax
« Reply #31757 on: January 10, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »

Made some basic tutorial that how start doing pixelart.

Hope you like it! Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:52:05 AM by matriax » Logged
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31758 on: January 18, 2017, 03:50:15 AM »

More mikos for Aftertile

Damian2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31759 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:45 AM »

More mikos for Aftertile

I've looked at your blog and I've seen the concept art and the simple style you're trying to emulate, but it just looks odd to me that the neck is literally apart of the face. Some sort of shadow underneath the chin would go a long way in making these read better, maybe use the second skin tone? Also the second skin tone being used on the neck and left of the faces makes little sense to me. Otherwise these are all solid, the one on the right could use a bit more work though.
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic