Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:27:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7288547 times)
coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31780 on: February 02, 2017, 03:28:31 AM »

The main character and a few monsters for a roguelike I'm working on. C&C appreciated!

Color is basically perfect, contrast is beautiful and clear. no critiques at all. great work!
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31781 on: February 03, 2017, 08:17:59 AM »

New level for 5734L3R.

Awesome as usual. I really dig this style.

I'm back at pixelling dwarves, resurrecting a very old project from it's ashes. Template for man and woman character, and the run cycle of the woman. Trying to make a stop animation right now, not that easy. Any advice or examples?

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31782 on: February 03, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31783 on: February 03, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »

More mikos for Aftertile

I've looked at your blog and I've seen the concept art and the simple style you're trying to emulate, but it just looks odd to me that the neck is literally apart of the face. Some sort of shadow underneath the chin would go a long way in making these read better, maybe use the second skin tone? Also the second skin tone being used on the neck and left of the faces makes little sense to me. Otherwise these are all solid, the one on the right could use a bit more work though.

Yep, I totally missed the shadows there.

On a side note, I was forced to stay away from my computer for a week or so, so I began playing with dotpict:

DragonDePlatino
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31784 on: February 03, 2017, 12:46:51 PM »

@skaz
These are really nice. :D Didn't you submit these to Spriters-Club earlier? Are they going to be for a top-down game or a side-scrolling one? If the former, shouldn't the legs be in different planes like your avatar? Either way, I really like the silhouettes of these guys.

@miguli
You did a good job on this. Experimenting with brown and gray looked pretty natural in the end. The rendering of the top leaves are odd, though. Near the topmost part they start to look really noisy and less like leaves.

@maruki
I like the colors! Everything looks properly washed in a bright blue light. The light source isn't very well-defined, however. It looks like it's coming from the top-left but the shadow on the large flat surface tells otherwise.

Nana
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31785 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »

Hm, I think I posted this in the wrong place, so I'm posting it here, sorry <_<
Some pixel art animations I'm working on for my game~

Pixel artist, Narrative designer;
Virgo vs The Zodiac
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31786 on: February 04, 2017, 06:01:18 AM »

@skaz
These are really nice. :D Didn't you submit these to Spriters-Club earlier? Are they going to be for a top-down game or a side-scrolling one? If the former, shouldn't the legs be in different planes like your avatar? Either way, I really like the silhouettes of these guys.

Thanks! Indeed I did Wink Those are for a sidescroller project.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
andes-neumann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31787 on: February 05, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

@Skaz these look really smooth, awesome stuff!
Just noticing that in the run cycle you don't have a strong keyframe selling the legs crossing from one foot to the other, it looks as if the front foot and rear foot are the same foot for the entire cycle. Like some sort of odd stutter-skipping.

mpixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31788 on: February 05, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »

There is a lot of character in these sprites. I'd love to play a rogue like with art like this! Smiley

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #31789 on: February 06, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »

Spider walk and attack animations

skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31790 on: February 06, 2017, 01:33:59 AM »

@Skaz these look really smooth, awesome stuff!
Just noticing that in the run cycle you don't have a strong keyframe selling the legs crossing from one foot to the other, it looks as if the front foot and rear foot are the same foot for the entire cycle. Like some sort of odd stutter-skipping.

I spent so much time looking at it that I didn't noticed it. Thanks a lot! I'll go back to the drawing board to fix that.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #31791 on: February 06, 2017, 01:46:57 AM »

Yea true, the arms are really good though imo

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #31792 on: February 06, 2017, 03:03:27 AM »

A lil rpg mockup

Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31793 on: February 06, 2017, 10:49:22 PM »

@DragonDePlantino Love the style! Very clear. Unique designs.

@aamatniekss I haven't seen an rpg at this resolution with characters with those proportions before. Looks great! I hope it turns into a full project.

I've been practising drawing full scenes.

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
Timbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31794 on: February 06, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »

I'm loving the work on here!

@Blaster :- That scene is stunning :D Makes me really wanna see what's just around the corner.

@aamatniekss :- I'm on Blaster's side with this one! Looks really nice and is a style I'd love to see more of Smiley

I've recently started getting back into Pixel Art after about 5 years away, got a lot to relearn!

Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31795 on: February 07, 2017, 02:44:51 AM »

Good, but would be better if the noodles moved around.
Timbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31796 on: February 07, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »

Good, but would be better if the noodles moved around.

Agreed, couldn't get it to look right but once I'm more comfortable with pixel art animation I'm gonna go back and do an updated version Smiley

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #31797 on: February 08, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »

Thanks Timbo and Blaster, I was planning to prototype this a bit and see where it goes, but I think it won't be going anywhere after all. A game like this would be just too much work. Maybe could make something tiny out of it though Smiley

masayume
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31798 on: February 08, 2017, 04:44:11 AM »

Early draft for run/attack/destroy actions of the Skeleton monster from our upcoming game: "Solomon's World"

https://radicalbit.wordpress.com/

DragonDePlatino
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31799 on: February 08, 2017, 06:30:45 AM »

@standardcombo
I love your ASCII art animations! They're not pixel art, but I think they tap into the same skill set of creating characters from small, quantized pieces. The big spider walk is especially hypnotic. Shocked

@aamatniekss
Those are some nice cliffs. It's hard to make natural-looking cliffs with the pillar-style of tiling you're using there. Have you considered releasing those if you don't end up using them? It'd be very useful for engines like Zelda Classic.

@Blaster
I like it. This scene fits well with your in-game art and has a nice "calm before the storm" atmosphere to how you framed the entrance.

Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic