Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:52:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7290625 times)
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6320 on: September 29, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »

Hello

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6321 on: September 29, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »

Woah. I like the color palette, don't see a whole lotta soft pinks like that.
P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6322 on: September 29, 2009, 06:11:57 PM »

Entirely unimaginative hoodieguy standing still--go!

A little more work and I'll have a new forum avatar.  Maybe 3x is a bit much.  I just like big pixels.
Kramlack
« Reply #6323 on: September 29, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Damn you P-Fluuuuuute  Hand Shake LeftApoplectic

Testing some colour stuff.

Chevy said the white makes the black almost invisible, so I've come to get some tips on it. There's two things to keep in mind however. First, I'm trying to only use three colours, black, white and red, and second, I'm trying to use only NES colours.

Also, I tried making the red a bit lighter, to flesh out the black, but it just didn't give off the same dark feel.
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: September 29, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

I guess you stay half prinny even after the millions of years of 24/7 labor.

Sweet sprite but I think some contrast would benefit it. I'd like to see it a bit more saturated as well.

this post was directed at P-Flute btw.

P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6325 on: September 29, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »

Damn you P-Fluuuuuute  Hand Shake LeftApoplectic

Giggle

I'd make some vague threat about my hoodie beating up your hoodie but I really just wanna hug that little guy.  Panda  I love the bounce you've got going on, too.

I guess you stay half prinny even after the millions of years of 24/7 labor.

Sweet sprite but I think some contrast would benefit it. I'd like to see it a bit more saturated as well.

Man you don't know the half of it.   Sad

Thanks!  Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I gave up working on it for the night. 
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: September 29, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »

I want hobo items, definitely Shrug

Are hobo items special items that are not sold in the store? Any advantages from getting the hobo items over the normal items?

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6327 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

Awesome stuff, bones. I love the coloring so far, and the eye is much better now.

Big revolver time.

Got inspired after seeing the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story sprites, so I tried something in a similar style.

I really like both of these! lots of character.
so cute.

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: September 29, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »

Nifty, but eyes only move that way

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6329 on: September 30, 2009, 08:00:54 AM »

I like the eyes. Since it is a simple sprite the exaggeration gives it character

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6330 on: September 30, 2009, 09:19:10 AM »

Yeah I'm finding the red and black hard to tell apart in this, with the bright white outline and against the forum backdrop. If most of the screen was red/black I think it would fare better.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6331 on: September 30, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

Yeah I'm finding the red and black hard to tell apart in this, with the bright white outline and against the forum backdrop. If most of the screen was red/black I think it would fare better.

En contraire, I think(since it's for a game) the white outlines will help things be very easy to distinguish. If you want to take a look at the detail, you can go ahead and do so. In other words, I think the white outline(to an extent) actually helps the design.

Corpus
« Reply #6332 on: September 30, 2009, 05:27:16 PM »

En contraire, I think(since it's for a game) the white outlines will help things be very easy to distinguish. If you want to take a look at the detail, you can go ahead and do so. In other words, I think the white outline(to an extent) actually helps the design.

You shouldn't have to take a look at the detail. It should be apparent at a glance, and perhaps yielding greater detail to the careful observer as an additional luxury. At the moment, the contrast between the red and the black is simply too low.

Nice design and animation, by the way. Loads of character. The eye movement might look better if it were by one pixel instead of two.

EDIT: Added quote, since this is at the top of the page.
Kramlack
« Reply #6333 on: September 30, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »

That's basically what I have to work with. Ideally, I'd like to leave it as one of the variations of colour, but I'm sure mixing two of them (one for the character and one for the background) wouldn't be TOO bad.

Also, for the joke-fight I'm in right now with P-Flute, I've created this:

He's already seen it and thought I should show it off here, so that's what I'm doing.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to comment on peoples comments.

@ZeuglinRush: That video gave me a good laugh.
@Ishi: The white around the sprite is the main attraction for the change, so I don't really want to give that up, but I do agree it does make it harder to see the contrast of red and black, and like you said, it's especially difficult with the white forum background.
@Jakman4242: You're right about making the white a distinguishing factor. I want to have the top & sides of the ground pieces white, along with any characters or objects that you can 'touch'.
@Corpus: Thank you for the comments, as I'm sure you can see now, I'm trying to work on the contrast. As well, I'll try the eye suggestion, since I've been fiddling around with it (changing it from the original set position to giving it more bounce now).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:16:01 PM by Kramlack » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #6334 on: September 30, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »

I really like the last one, orange-ish
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: September 30, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »

i like the first one on the third row

Lo
ChevyRay
« Reply #6336 on: September 30, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »

Definitely the last here, too.
squidkid
Level 1

8-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6337 on: September 30, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

With or without hair?

Enough talk, have at you!
ChevyRay
« Reply #6338 on: September 30, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »

With. Makes the head exist. Wait, why does the head have no outline, anyway?
squidkid
Level 1

8-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6339 on: September 30, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »

With. Makes the head exist. Wait, why does the head have no outline, anyway?
I erased it so I could work on the glasses and I didn't want to make him look like he was baled.

Enough talk, have at you!
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic