Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411903 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58476 Members - Latest Member: tpat14

June 08, 2024, 08:52:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWebsnooker.com - web-based online snooker arcade game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Websnooker.com - web-based online snooker arcade game  (Read 2208 times)
leek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

Quick About
Web Snooker is a web based online snooker game developed in HTML5 canvas. No flash, downloads or logins required.

Why?
We're quite a snooker fans and all other snooker games on the Internet are relatively unbalanced or ugly (quirky physics, rules and/or interface). The project started out as a small personal project but quickly transformed into something bigger.

TWO Major Requirements:
*** Browser - You need one of the browsers listed below to play it (Sorted in a descending recommendation order. Also the more up to date version of the browser the better, some older may not work properly):
- Google Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome
- Firefox 4 - http://mozilla.com
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/download/
- Firefox 3.5 (may perform slowly) - http://mozilla.com
*** Display resolution - Minimum resolution allowing for a comfortable play is 1024x768. Minimum recommended is 1280x720. For these resolutions it may be a good idea to hit F11 to toggle fullscreen mode in your browser.

How to play it:
- visit http://websnooker.com - NO logins or anything bothersome required,
- set up your basic settings in the menu and hit save settings. IF your display resolution is smaller than 1280x1024, please change your Scoreboard Style to Compact. Toggling fullscren mode in browser window (F11) may improve the overall experience, too.
- While in the dashboard you can choose 'Practice' to get the feel of the game or play directly against other people either by hosting or joining a server. Controls and rules are  straightforward and easily accessible within the game interface.

Consider this version an alpha. In case of any technical issues report them to us if possible Wink

Feedback and suggestions are welcome. You can use the ingame 'leave feedback' widget to share your ideas.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:18:45 AM by leek » Logged
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:21:27 PM »

It's wonderful, congratulations! About the graphics, it seems that the light is positioned under the table (considering the shadows of the table legs), am I wrong? The final effect is beatiful, but not so realistic. The gameplay is already polished, when do you release a pool 8/15 game? Smiley

leek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:03:14 AM »

Thanks man,

As of this moment there are actually 2 lightsources - one under the table and the other one - strong light - over the table. If you look closely you'll notice that the table is generally shaded as if the light was positioned over the table in the top left corner. Well, that one is an artifact - it was a default concept, but then we switched to the strong central light instead but the shading remained untouched ;p

Alternative game modes will be available sooner or later depending on how well we move on with the development;)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »

For the most part it was fun! I forgot the rules to snooker.

The game seemed to run a little slow on my machine.  Firefox issues.

Is there anyway to put english on the ball?

You should have a way of detecting if the window loses focus, I can't adjust the power of the next shot after typing this. Gentleman

There seems to be too many steps to how much power I put on the ball.

Alll in all, pretty good so far!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:11:52 AM »

Dude! This is the last thing I would expect from you guys :D Will try it out when I have the chance.

leek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

For the most part it was fun! I forgot the rules to snooker.

Snooker rules can be revised upon clicking in Rules tab or hitting [R] key. There's just a few of them anyway! People get scared away from snooker far toooo easily thinking it's just rules rules rules >Wink

The game seemed to run a little slow on my machine.  Firefox issues.
Fx <4 performs a bit slower, especially on older machines ;(

Is there anyway to put english on the ball?
That's planned. At the moment nope.

You should have a way of detecting if the window loses focus, I can't adjust the power of the next shot after typing this. Gentleman
Hmm what browser/os? This should work though, if it doesn't on occasions in some clients then I'm affraid we can't do much about it. And yes, we know it's irritating when you lose window focus >:<

There seems to be too many steps to how much power I put on the ball.
Now you're additionally able to set the power using 1-0 keys so that should no longer be an issue! Wink))))

Alll in all, pretty good so far!
Thanks for your interest!;)

Dude! This is the last thing I would expect from you guys :D Will try it out when I have the chance.
Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic